(𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.)𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

THERE SHE LAY, PEACEFUL AS EVER. Her breathing was soft and steady, so much more different than the night before. Her face was cleaned and her clothes were changed into a comfortable nightgown.

Her hair spread on the white pillow and her hands stayed on her abdomen.

Levi sat on the wooden chair next to her bed, mindlessly sipping on his tea while looking out the window. The tweeting sounds of the birds could be heard through the window on her right.

There was a knock on the door and the man took a quick glance at it before staring back out the window. Hange walked in with a tray of steamed potatoes and bread and a newly brewed pot of tea.

"Is she still asleep?" Hange asked, placing the tray of food on the desk beside the bed.

It had been three whole days since their departure and their return inside the walls. F/n was not one of the few that had been injured the most and in fact, she had been one of the few that received the least scars.

But her consciousness was weak and she had been in bed for the last few days ever since.

"Yes," replied the captain as the scientist lightly touched the female's forehead.

"She seems fine to me," she informed, sighing as she sat herself down on the foot of the bed while facing the younger woman, "She'll be awake soon."

Silence engulfed the two, which was pretty much not normal considering how Hange would always nag the captain while he would always retort back with a grim expression.

Those bickers were never-ending but now that the woman was here, lying on the bed still unconscious since she first arrived, they had grown worried.

Everyone did, even Commander Erwin himself. F/n had been not only a great help to humanity and its soldiers but also a great friend, company and addition to the survey corps.

Not only that she had been one of the kindest souls within the walls but she had also been one of a kind a person.

F/n's crystal abilities were something Hange could never decode, not now, at least. Although she was an approved scientist, she was still not intelligent enough to unlock the secret of the woman's background life.

It was a total mystery to her and everyone else and that was not too good. Levi, being the only one that knew about her nightmares, has grown slightly worried about the woman.