(𝐗𝐗.)𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

F/N WALKED THROUGH THE EMPTY HALLWAY, HAND GRAZING ON THE WALL WHILE TURNING FROM CORNER TO CORNER. The candle barely lit up the place but she could see her path clearly.

Her boots thumped softly against the wooden flooring as she turned another corner. A dim light shone in a room and she blinked before approaching it with curiosity.

F/n peeked in and immediately spotted a certain captain sitting on one of the many wooden chairs with a pot of tea on the wooden table and a cup in hand.

Levi casually sipped on his tea, already sensing the presence of the woman behind him. He waited though, not uttering a word to find out what she would do next.

The woman looked around hesitantly before stepping in, hand leaving the wall as she moved closer to one of the chairs on the left. Levi sat at one end of the table, glazing at her from the corner of his eye as he took another sip.

"Why are you awake?" he asked after she sat comfortably on the chair.

"I can't sleep," she said, "Why are you awake?"

"I can't either," he said and a silence formed between them.

Levi was not stupid. In fact, he might be one of the more intelligent people within the walls. He was observant and took notice of the smallest detail of a person. And that included F/n.

Her body language was saying as if she was uncomfortable about something. It couldn't be him, could it? She was the one who approached him first.

That was when he noticed her eyes were shifting from place to place as if anticipating something to appear in a blink. She was scared, he noted. She must have dreamt something unpleasant, he concluded.

Before speaking up about anything, Levi raised another small teacup and placed it closer to her. He took the teapot and poured his black tea preference into the cup, letting the lukewarm liquid fill the cup near to its brim.

F/n glanced at the cup before up at him and back at the cup. She raised a hesitant hand and placed it on the handle, letting her other hand fall to the other side of the cup.

The warmth of the tea radiated through the ceramic material and to her hand. She took a small sip of the drink, gulping it as a similar feeling of warmth filled her stomach area.

Levi let her take a few more sips of the drink he was fond of before speaking up about his observation.

"What did you dream about?" he asked in a straightforward manner.