(𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕.)𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

THE PAPER CRUMPLED IN HIS HAND AS HE CLENCHED IT TIGHT, HOPING THAT ONCE HE LETS GO, THE MESSAGE WOULD DISAPPEAR AND SHE WOULD REAPPEAR.

Levi stood beside the door, eyes strained on the wooden table as he held his emotions back. His eyes narrowed as he inhaled a sharp breath, releasing it through his parted lips.

Just as he did that, the door opened and in came the frantic woman in glasses.

"Levi! Did you-" Hange paused as she stared at the tear that slid from his right eye down his pale cheek.

Never in her life had she seen her friend being this emotional. Never in his life had he expressed this much emotion in front of anyone other than Erwin.

And that was the day when his friends died. This was just the same.

It's all repeated in his life, over and over again. Death, tears, mourning and then just nothing. Months of suffering before he moves on with his life and promises to himself that he would never care for anyone else.

No one other than those people he had mourned for so that no one else would break his already broken heart.

And yet, there would always be another person that would come into his life and break that promise of his he made for himself.

He cared.

Again.

And again.

And again.

Hange froze, hand still on the door handle but her grasp was slowly weakening. Tears pricked her eyes as the crumpled paper that was now on the table slowly unravelled itself like a flower blooming in the garden. But what was inside wasn't as beautiful as a bloomed flower.

Levi caught Hange's tearful eyes, communicating through it as if both had the same thought of running away and just finding where she was.

The message wasn't for just anyone who saw it. It wasn't for anyone who she cared for either. It was for him.

It was true that anyone reading the message would end up having the same thought as everyone else but he was the only one who knew the true meaning of this message.

He was the only one who she told everything to. He was the only one who knew everything. He was the one who had been there for her, or at least he thought he had. He thought he had been there for her but apparently, he hadn't.