(𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.)𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐒

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

THE SOLDIERS OF THE SURVEY CORPS REGIMENT WERE BUSY, BUSIER THAN USUAL. They gathered food and water for sustenance, extra gear in case some appear to be malfunctioning, medical equipment and more others.

Carts were brought for almost every horse as they needed a lot for the things they planned to bring with them.

Eren placed another stack of tents on his cart and exhaled sharply, stretching his arms forward. His knuckles cracked and he rolled back his shoulders.

Armin approached his cart and laid down a satchel of bread with a sigh of relief before facing his friend.

"Do you think we'll be able to find her?" he asked, voice doubtful as his friend turned to him, "I mean, I'm not losing hope but... considering how large the place outside the walls is, she could be anywhere in any direction."

"We'll find her, I'm sure of it," Eren stated, looking up at the setting sun, "We'll find her and we'll treat her well this time. I don't know what we did wrong but we have to make sure we keep her safe."

Armin peered at his friend for a moment before looking in the same direction as he was. She could be anywhere but who said that they would give up? The boy was determined to find her, all of them were.

"Eren," a female voice called and the two boys turned their heads towards its owner, "Captain said to get ready."

"We're both already ready," he responded,

Mikasa turned to the blonde and blinked upon noticing the expression he had on his face.

"What are you thinking, Armin?" she asked, causing the boy to raise his head to look at her and Eren to turn to him as well.

"What? You're still on with that?"

"N-No! I was just..." Armin sighed, looking down at his shoes, "I was just thinking what made her leave so abruptly. If it wasn't because of us, there must be something else we're missing. A big point."

His two friends gazed at him thoughtfully before nodding their heads in agreement.

"I think that Captain Levi might know the reason why," he continued, "He was... um... a little upset."

Armin gulped as he thought back about the expression his captain had when he walked out of the room. He was heartbroken.

"When... When I read the paper," he explained, "It didn't make too much sense to me."