𝟬𝟬𝟭 - Worse than Death

CHAPTER ONE:Worse than Death

CHAPTER ONE:
Worse than Death

CHAPTER ONE:Worse than Death

3rd Person POV:

Death is a concept every person learns about from a young age, knowing that one day, it will come knocking at the door with it's hand out for you or one of the people you hold dearest to your heart.

Naomi Hale was someone who understood this topic all too well. She grew up knowing that her family were known targets of the people wanting to bring the misery of death to anyone in the supernatural world. Hunters.

But as a young girl, Naomi never truly understood what would happen if her family was taken away from her, she never let herself think about it.  This was because she never thought it would actually happen, not so quickly... not without a goodbye.

But it did. And it took a large piece of who she was, with it.

Naomi's entire perspective on life changed that day, everything did.

The fire may not have killed the girl... but the person she was died that day.  The day she was left alone and abandoned, crying on her knees, as a police officer tried everything to calm her down, eventually taking her away to find a new 'home.'

It left a numbing hole of emptiness inside her heart that has yet to go away.

Arguably, this was worse than death.

It wasn't until recently that the girl felt as though she could be happy again. Like she could be a functioning member of society and stop feeling so alone.

And that was thanks to Melany Moore.

Ever since the fire, Naomi had been in foster care, with no way of knowing where her next bed would be, who her next meal would come from, or even if she would get along with the care giver.

However, almost a year and a half ago, she was placed in the home of a lady named Melany Moore.

Melany has radiant red hair that flows just below her shoulders and obtains soft waves, genuine eyes that shine an ocean blue color, and her skin is pale and pearly, her cheeks bringing some color in as they shone a beautiful shade of pink.