𝟬𝟬𝟯 - Inevitable

CHAPTER 3:First Day Frights

CHAPTER 3:
First Day Frights

3rd person POV - not yet edited:

Pain is a feeling of immense power.  It makes you sick, tired, helpless. It's compelling.

It's an aspect of life that many try to keep away.  But unfortunately, it always creeps it's way in.

It is one of the most abstract and inescapable pieces of everyday life... a feeling that had become all too familiar to Naomi Hale.

The aching pit that grows in your stomach, twisting its way up until you could barely breathe, this was Naomi's reality.

The girl first felt the agony of true pain when her family died.

They say that with time, comes healing and acceptance. While Naomi had accepted the loss from such a young age, she was anything but happy and far from healed.

The theoretical knife that had skewered it's way through her back so long ago may have been removed, but not without a scar and many scratches below the surface.

It had a sense of permanence; a constant reminder that her real emotions would always be hidden behind the smiled she forced.

To anyone else, she was a bright and adventurous girl.  One who was kind to all, and couldn't care less what anyone thought.  They knew she wasn't one to mess with, and would put anyone in their place.

And while most of these were true, there was so much more deep down that she refused to show.  Naomi was brave and strong, but somewhere deep inside also broken and exhausted.

For a while, Naomi would wake every morning to find herself repeating the same words: Today will be better.

Those simple words had kept her from breaking, shattering in intimidation from the darkness of her own mind.

However, this didn't mean that Naomi had lost hope, she never did.

Death is inevitable, and Naomi knew that.  She knew that one day, everyone she knew would go back to the place from which they came.  And as much as she hated the thought, she understood that.