03

chapter three: come and take it from me, part 3.

+

"That sounds amazing, but are you sure you want to get into trouble as well?" Kayla asked me as we both stood in the ladies changing room now

"Trouble's fun." I shrugged, wanting to annoy Nico because of his childish behaviour earlier.

"Let's go." Kayla smirked.

We snuck out of the changing room, moving so we were standing next to the gate to the rink, Sam made eye contact with me and pulled a confused expression.

I held my finger up to my lips.

"Impress me." Hammarström dropped a puck in front of Mac.

Mac began to pass it around to himself before lifting it with his stick.

I nudged Kayla onto the ice.

She skated over to her brother without him noticing.

She pushed the end of his stick down, sending the puck into the air.

She then caught it, coming to a stop in front of him.

"Give me the puck, Kayla." Mac spoke.

I skated onto the ice, doing a couple of circles of the outer edge of the rink before snatching the stick out of Nico's hands.

"Hey." He called after me.

"Come take it from me." Kayla told her brother as she began to skate away.

Mac glanced at Anton before going after her.

As we passed each other she dropped the puck just in front of me, allowing me to collect it with the stick.

It took Mac a couple seconds before he realised Kayla didn't have the puck anymore.

He then changed course to come after me.

I dribbled the puck around the rink, easily outpacing Mac.

I chipped the puck into the air as I passed Kayla who caught it perfectly.

Mac, quickly changing direction again, then went after his sister.

"Annie!" Nico shouted across the ice at me.