Chapter 11

Cas had to stifle the laughter threatening to spill out. As upset as he was, the thought of Dean Winchester covered in vinegar was hilarious. Cas sighed. He didn't want to, but now he was heading to talk to Dean.

  He walked out of the common room to find Dean leaning against the wall, his robes and wand dripping. Cas covered his nose, gagging at the smell. Dean smirked, "Hey, Cas." He got a glare in return. "What the hell, Dean?! Why the hell are you outside my common room at 10 pm getting yourself soaked in vinegar?"

  Dean shrugged. "I had to do something to get you to talk to me. You've been avoiding me all day and I want to know why. Cas, just please tell me what's wrong." Cas scoffed. He knew he couldn't tell Dean the real reason without revealing that he fancied him. So he shook his head and lied.

  "It's nothing, Dean. We have that Quidditch game in the morning, go get some rest. Just leave me alone." Cas tried walking back into the common room, but Dean caught his arm. His touch made Cas' heart flutter and he hated that it did. "Not good enough, Cas." Cas tried to pull his arm away, but Dean tightened his grip. He winced in pain.

  "Dean, let me go. You're hurting me." Dean loosened his grip to almost nothing, but didn't let go. "No. Not until you tell me what's going on. Please, Cas. Why aren't you talking to me?" Cas looked up at Dean's eyes for the first time that day. As always, he found himself drowning in the beautiful green color. Cas felt his glare loosen until it was no longer on his face.

  He looked back to the ground and sighed. "Why. . . Why were you kissing Lisa Braeden?" He mumbled softly. He felt Dean's hand leave his arm. He looked back up at Dean. He has a strange expression in his eyes. Was that shock? "You saw that?" Dean whispered. "Is that why you didn't meet me this morning?" Cas nodded.

  He couldn't bring himself to look at Dean. "Cas . . . Cas, I wasn't kissing her - well, not willingly. She came up and kissed me. Damn, I can't believe you saw that." Cas once again started walking back into the common room. "Cas, wait!" Castiel turned, looking at Dean's feet. Dean took a step closer, forcing Cas to look at his face.

  Dean was really close. Cas felt a blush rise up his face and he looked away. Dean seemed to not notice. "One more thing. I can understand not meeting me this morning, but what about the rest of the day? Why didn't you talk to me?  I mean, it's not like you care."

  Cas' head snapped up to look at Dean. He glared sharply. "Dean Winchester, you are such a freaking idiot!" Dean took a step back. "What?" Cas' hands flew into the air. "Are you kidding me, Dean? 5 years! I have known you for 5 years, but it's never once crossed your mind!" Dean continued looking confused, proving Cas' point, making him more upset.

  "What the hell are you talking about, Cas?!" Castiel ran a hand through his hair, pushing it out of his face. "Merlin's beard, are you really that oblivious?" Dean threw his hands up. "To what, Cas?! You keep going on and on, but you won't tell me what the hell you're talking about! What am I oblivious to?" Now Cas exploded.

  "To the fact that I've fancied you since first year!" Cas covered his mouth with his hand. He hadn't meant to say that. Shock shot across Dean's face. Dean opened his mouth to talk, but before he could, Cas shook his head. "Whatever, Dean. It doesn't even matter. I'll see you at the game tomorrow."

  With that, Cas tapped the barrels and walked back into his common room, leaving a dumbfounded Dean in the hallway.