Reassurance...

"No, I would never leave you here. Why would I?" I asked him.

"Jacob told me that you said you're tired of always making sure I'm fine since I'm a wimp and so you'd pack up your stuff and leave. Please Ant, don't go. I'll be good, I promise. I'll never eat candy again. I'll even help you work. Just please don't go!" He wailed.

I carried him to our room, letting him finish crying. I bathed and dressed him. All this time he was still crying. Then I asked him to stop crying so we could talk.

"Look, don't listen to what Jacob or anyone else tells you, okay? I would never even dream of leaving my precious baby brother here alone. Whatever happens, I'll always be with you, I promise alright?" I said. He looked up at me through glassy eyes.

"Okay. Then I forgive you for being late today." I laughed. I asked him to let me get ready so we could leave for school. At about eleven, we were out. I was glad that our school had a separate program for part time students to study. I dropped Jo at his class then got to mine in time for my first lesson. The lessons were as boring as you'd expect and after five lessons of half hour intervals, I rushed out if school to get to work. I worked at a restaurant named Camila's Cuisines. The owner, a kind old lady named Camila, had taken me in when I was nine an taken care of me. When I turned fifteen, I asked her to let me move out as I felt she had done enough for me .At first, she wanted to hear none of it. However, I eventually got her to compromise. I would move out, hu I would have to take a job at her restaurant.