Its nice to see you again

It's been almost two weeks since we all met knuckles but we haven't seen him since then. I leave my current job interview with a bakery not to far from me and Blazes apartment so I can actually walk to work if I get this job. As I walk to the flower shop I bump into a familiar figure. "Omg I'm so sorry for bumping into you Knuckles." "That's alright ms rose it's nice to see you again." He smiled and I feel my legs turn to jelly. His smile was sexy and kind with his purple eyes shining. "Same here how's the unpacking?" I asked trying not to blush. "I just got the last box done last night and though I look around town some more." He said as he lifted up a single gardenia smelling it. "Would you like me to show you around I'm not doing anything today?" I asked and he smiles giving me the flower. "That would be wonderful Amy maybe I can treat us to lunch and you can tell me more about you and shadow's friends. They're a nice bunch aren't they." "Yeah they are. Also sure that be great I know the best place and thank you for the flower this is actually my favorite." I smiled. "Shall we?" He asked. I nodded and we started to walk down the street. We had very pleasant conversations as I showed him around. We actually have a bit in common and I find myself falling for him. Deep down I wondered if shadow had set this up because knuckles never took his eyes off of me. Even when girls who are more beautiful than me walk passed us he kept his gaze on me. Is he falling for me as well? My stomach growls interrupting my thoughts. "I guess we should head to lunch?" He asked chuckling "yeah sure come on" I smile and take him Pepe's Italy. "Nice place" he said as we sat down. "Yeah best polenta I ever had" I blush. "Here's your garlic bread sir and ma'am." The waiter said. "Are you ready to order?" He said taking out his note pad. We tell him our orders. He writes it down and leaves us alone to talk. "So I'm knuckles I forgot to ask where did you and Shadow meet?" "We met in school and believe me we didn't get along at first but I started warming up to him." He said taking a bite from his bread. "What about you?" He asked after swallowing. "Same he was new at the high school and made friends pretty quickly" I smiled. He muttered something. "What?" I asked "oh nothing just talking to myself. He smiled drinking his water. "So uh what brings you here to our town?" "I took a job as phlebotomy specialist at the hospital since my hometown hospital had no use for me anymore. So I came here for job security." He smiled. "Wow that's impressive" I said. Our food comes and it was very delicious. Knuckles pays our ticket after get done with the meal and we head out. It was starting to get dark and I knew I need to get home soon. "Well I hope I was helpful today Knuckles." "You were very helpful I really appreciate it Amy. May I walk you home?" "That be nice thank you" I smiled. We began to walk to the apartments where I see slivers car parked next to Blaze's car. So I know they are both home to my disappointment. "Here's me..." I said. "Thank you again for walking me home Knuckles and thanks for lunch too." I smile pushing back my hair. "You are very welcome Amy." He said and kisses my hand. He's such a gentleman and just so mysterious. "Listen Amy I was wondering if we could do this again but as a date" he asked. My heart starts racing. "I-I-I would r-really like that when?" I stuttered. "Perhaps tomorrow at 7?" He asked. "Yeah that will be nice." I replied blushing looking down smiling. He lifts my chin. "Then I shall see you tomorrow Rose" he smiles and walks away. I enter my apartment and slide down the door smiling. "He's soooooo handsome." I squeaked. "And I got a date with hiiiiiimmmmm" I cheered so happy I have a date. I haven't been in one in years and I'm just extremely excited. "You're in a good mood did you get the job?" Blaze asked. "What oh no I haven't heard from them yet but I bumped into knuckles and showed him around town. He treated me to lunch and walked me home then asked me out!" I said jumping up. "EEEEEEK!" Blaze smiled and we started jumping up and down. "Omg do you have an outfit for tomorrow?!" "I got the perfect one!" I smiled. "You girls ok?" Silver said walking up. "Amy has a date!" Blaze announced. "Congratulations Ames!" Silver smiled. I hug them both and head to my rooming singing.

I woke up the next morning and realized I haven't had that nightmare again. Maybe the doctor was right maybe I was stressed. I stretch as I get out of my bed. I straighten up my sheets and pillows before heading to the kitchen for a glass of juice and a bowl of cereal. I keep thinking about my date tonight and wonder how my day couldn't get any better. My phone starts ringing and I answer it. "Hello?" "Yes is this Ms. Rose?" "Yes speaking?" "Hi I'm Salma from the baker I called to inform you that we love to have you as part of our team." "OMG THANK YOU WHEN DO I START?!" I shouted excitedly. "Would next Monday at 7 am be alright?" "Yes ma'am!" "Ok we will see you then have a nice rest of the weekend!" She chirped. I hang up the phone and smile bigger. I rose my hands up in the air.

"MY DAY JUST GOT BETTER!"