ii. 𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐨𝐧

"If she is granted the Dimond, she will be mine to marry

"If she is granted the Dimond, she will be mine to marry." Anthony argued with Griffin.

"She's my wife." Griffin defended himself. "You shall not marry her, I shall!"

"You don't even know her name." Anthony laughed in disbelief

"I do not need to know her name in order to know I will make her the next lady Bridgerton." he spoke in disbelief as he started at him. "She will not be your Vicointest."

Griffin huffed in disbelief and annoyance when Anthony waved him off and sat down, turning to go back into the drawing room. "I'd rather take an untrue insult from Lady Whistledown then to ever in my years on this earth marry Anthony."

"Well, i'd sure hope you wouldn't want to marry him." Eloise spoke, keeping her eyes on her book.

"Nor will my wife." Griffin shook his head as he fell next to her. "What a nightmare he is."

"Lady Goring was quite taken with Eloise's dress last night, Madama Delacroix." Violet spoke to the woman with many fabrics in her hand, clearly to get Eloise's attention. "She would keep saying how well it complemented her complexion. She said you reminded her of Daphne, dearest."

Eloise forced a laugh. "I am not Daphne."

"If anything, she resembles me the most." Griffin motioned to himself. "Which is obviously why she had so many suitors following her around last night."

"While you simply watched your 'Lady Bridgerton' all night." Eloise mocked him.

"I get told not to run in my under garments, I do so, and still everyone has something to nag at me about." Griffin tossed his hands up. "Truly, am I such a disgrace, Mama? Am I not to be married and run half nude where I wish to?"

"Oh, you are very handsome, my Dear." Violet waved him off as she held a purple fabric. "This is the one."

"With pleasure, Lady Bridgerton." Madam Delacroix gave a small bow with a smile.

"You do know, Eloise, that you might enjoy the next ball if you, in fact, danced with someone." Violet looked to her children on the couch. "Both of you."

"I have a wife now, mother. I can not dance with others." Griffin shook his head.

"You speak as if she has no choice in if she wants to be your wife. You haven't even spoken one word to her." Eloise argued with her brother.

"I shall still marry her!" Griffin defended himself.

"Meeting new people, it can be thrilling." Violet went on with a pleading look.

"Yes, it certainly seemed as though Anthony had a thrilling time." Eloise mocked in her direction, looking toward her oldest brother. "Swept away by many a nimble-footed young lady, were you, brother?"