CHAPTER 63

It took me a while to reply, "what do you want? I solved the mystery, the game, checkmate for me." My grip tightened.

   "So cute how you think you're so good. I mean, you are, but humans are gullible. Why don't we make a deal? You give your pathetic little friends so I can turn them into my army because my old army was useless and I will let go of Emma," he paused and laughed, "and your parents,"

   My heart stopped at that moment. "What did you do to them?"

   "Sounds like a sweet deal, huh? You know where I'm at. Here's another puzzle for you, miss genius. Your parents and friend are at the place where everything started. You have less than 48 hours to get them and accept my deal,"

   "You think threating me will get you things you want?"

   "Yes, I want your friends Owen and Allen. Those two are remarkably. strong, they can tear a human into half with my help. I will make them tear you in half while your parents watch their sweet little pumpkin Faye die. Your scream and tears will fill their ears. At least you'll see their faces before you die. Think," he hung up. That devil.

   I couldn't go out of the room or else something else might happen. So, I waited until morning. Once the sun was up, I went straight into the shower. Then, I got dressed as fast as I could.

   I saw Mrs. Willow sipping on her tea while reading a book. I asked her if she where Emma was. She told me Emma went somewhere with her friends. I excused myself, but Mrs. Willow made my toasts. I sat down and shoved them all inside my mouth.

   "Sorry, I'm just starving." I faked a smile and ran into the house next door.

   I knocked on the door multiple times until it opened with Allen rubbing his eyes. "huh? What's wrong?" his eyes could barely open.

   "Get yourself a cup of coffee. Where's Owen? Owen!" I stepped inside, ignoring Allen's confusion.

   "Why? What's going on?" He grabbed my shoulders and turned me around.

   "It's Pyke. He's back and he got Emma last night. Just go take a shower and meet me here," I pointed upstairs, "tell Owen, too. I don't have the time for that devil's shenanigans this time." I put my hands on my hips.

   "Whoa! Owen has a name." Allen stepped back and tilted his head.

   "No, I'm talking about Pyke. Now, hurry!" I shouted.

   As I waited for them, I wrote things down about what he said to me last night. He said 'at a place where everything started. It could be anywhere. I clicked on my pen multiple times, thinking.

   "Faye, tell us," Owen's voice from behind made me stand up, "whoa, you look different but still gorgeous. Definitely something happened." He and Allen sat down, waiting for me to talk.

   "Allen, last night you told me Kim and the others died in their prison cells, right?" I paused to his reaction. He nodded. "last night I got a call from Emma and guess what happened next?"

   "She prank called you?" Owen guessed. I could feel my blood rushing to my face.

   "It's Pyke! He got Emma and my parents. He gives me less than 48 hours to accept his deal." I threw my pen on the table. Both of them scooted back.

   "What deal?" Allen asked.

   "He wants me to hand you guys over to him because he said you guys are strong enough to rip a person in half with his help. He wants you two to kill me while my parents watching" I ran my fingers through my hair. I didn't tie my hair that morning. "if I don't give you to him, he'll kill Emma and my parents." I raised my head, my eyes glistened with tears.

   "Okay," Owen stood up to walk in my direction, "we'll help you with this, okay? Don't worry, you just need to calm down-"

   I glared at him for a few seconds. "Calm down?"

   "We-well, maybe you don't have to but may-maybe it'll help," he stuttered. I ignored him and sat on the floor. He said where everything started. Kim could start all of this, but he admitted he killed Sean Taylor and that was years ago when I was a kid. Kim probably didn't know anything about this yet.