the first time she stays the night (requested)

"I can't believe how late it is," Tate said before she closed her eyes and yawned. "I should get going."

Those words caused your heart to sink in your chest.

You're so cozy wrapped in her arms as you lay in your bed together that you don't even want to imagine her not being there to keep holding you all night.

"What? No, don't go." You said as you looked at her with sad eyes and a pout on your lips.

"Darling, I don't want to but it's after midnight. Besides, you heard what the weatherman said. It's going to start storming in about an hour. I don't want to be caught in that."

"Then stay! That way you don't have to worry about anything."

She looked at you for a few seconds before a smile started to tug at her lips.

"Are you sure?"

"Do you not want to?"

"No, that's not it at all. Baby, I want to stay. But only if you're sure." She explained as she softly stroked your cheek.

"I'm sure." You said and pecked her lips. "I want you to stay. I like when you hold me close like this. That's all I want tonight; for you to stay right here, holding me tight and keeping me warm."

She kissed your head as you rested it on her chest once more.

"That sounds like the best way to spend my night. Sometimes I get cold during the night. At least I don't have to worry about that tonight."

You kissed her neck a couple of times, finding yourself smiling against her skin when you felt her chuckle.

"What do you need before we call it a night?"

"How about some water and a blanket for us to cuddle under."

You nodded and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek before you got up.

"Grab a blanket from the closet and I'll go get us both some water."

She got up and watched you exit the room, smiling to herself as you did so.

After she went to the closet and grabbed a few blankets, just in case.

You returned and put the bottles of cold water down before she patted your side of the bed.

"Come on, sweet girl. Get back into bed and let me cuddle you."

Your heart skipped a beat just from the way she spoke the words. Not to mention, the adorable smile on her face that made your heart melt.

You got back into bed and laid down before she pulled you into her embrace and made sure you were tucked in under the covers before she tangled her legs with yours.

"I think this is going to be one of the best nights I've had in a while. I'm going to sleep so well knowing that you're safe and sound in my arms."

"Same here." You said as you brushed your fingers across her cheek before kissing her lips a few times.

You turned your focus back to the tv, turning on a show that you both love. You made sure it was at a good volume before you put your head back on Tate's chest and listened to her heartbeat as you began to fall asleep.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, y/n." She spoke in your ear as she watched as you fell asleep. "I love you."

"I love you too." You said, falling asleep with a small smile on your face.