cuddling for the first time

"What movie do you want to watch?" Tate asked you as you both settled down on her sofa.

"I love comedy movies a lot. Anything's good with me though."

Tate smiled at you and the sight made your heart skip a beat.

She flipped through all the different selections before choosing one she was certain that you'd love.

And you probably would... if you weren't so focused on her.

This isn't your first date with Tate but it is your first one at her place.

She made a delicious meal for you to share and she held your hand from across the kitchen table most of the time and you swear, every touch of her fingers across yours made your heart flutter.

You have never felt this way about anyone before and you know that she feels the same; you see it in her eyes every time they meet yours.

She's just as crazy about you as you are her.

You sat across the sofa from her, not too far but also not as close as you wished to be.

You tried to focus on the film as best as you could since she picked it out.

But from the corner of your eyes, you kept seeing her stare at you, and it made a smile pull at your lips every time you noticed it.

You started to rub your arms as you began to feel a little cold and Tate was quick to notice.

"Are you cold, my love?"

You lived to hear that sweet name leave her lips; it brought a huge smile to your face every time you hear her call you that.

"A little." You said.

"Well, then, come here. You're sitting too far away for me to be able to help you warm up." She teased and you swear that you could get lost in that beautiful smile of hers.

You scooted closer to her and once you were finally close enough, she put her arms around you and pulled you as close as she possibly could.

You put your head on her shoulder and closed your eyes to breathe in the smell of her perfume on her skin.

"Better?"

"Kinda." You said.

In response, Tate held you a little tighter and began to kiss your head softly before she brushed her fingers across your arms comfortingly.

"How's that?" She wondered.

You opened your eyes and sent her a bright smile.

"Much better."

"We should stay like this for a while." She whispered.

"I'd love that so much." You said and closed her eyes as she leaned in and gave you a sweet kiss.

Your heart began to skip beat after beat once more; a feeling that you're getting used to since it happens so much around her.

You happily stayed cuddled up to her, part of you wishing that you could stay forever in these moments.

Because she makes you happier than you ever thought was possible and you have the feeling that she just might be the one.