Dear Diary, 01

#TD01

"Daddy! Daddy!" I called as soon as I got home from school. I looked for daddy around the house and I immediately saw him the kitchen

His eyes widened in surprise when he saw me. "Yes princess? You're home early," daddy said

I giggled. "Daddy! I have something to tell you. Come with me," I pleaded

His lips parted. "Wait princess. I'm cooking merienda for us. Just a moment, okay?" he said and went back to cooking

I reached for his hand and pulled him but he was too strong. "This is important daddy! Please?"

He faced me again and sighed. I gave him the puppy eyes. I though he finally gave in but I was surprised when he carried me. He faced the stove again with a spatula on his other hand. He was frying churros in a hot pan.

I groaned. "Daddy naman e."

He chuckled. "What? Don't you want to help me cook? You told me before you want me to teach you how to cook."

"But I have something to tell you nga po."

"Hmm?" 

He wasn't even paying attention to me. He flipped the churros and got some out that were already cooked. He rolled it on a plate filled with sugar and cinnamon then put it in a plate together with the rest of it that was cooked. My mouth began to water while staring at the delicious churros. He smiled when he noticed me. He got one for me and feed me.

"Is it good?"

I nodded. "Always papa," I replied while chewing. I got the churros from his hand and finished it.

"Pagkain lang lagi ang katapat mo."

I pouted. After he's done making meryenda, finally we sat down on the living room and I got the chance to talk to him. He placed the plate with churros on the center table and faced me.

"What is it that you're going to tell me princess? Seems like it's very important," he jokingly said

I nodded. "Yes po. I met this boy in school daddy. He's my classmate and he's a year older than me."

His brows slightly furrowed. "A boy huh?"

"His name is Keith but I like to call him Kai because that's his nickname. Noong lunchbreak namin, I saw him eating alone sa table. Nilapitan ko po siya at sinamahang kumain ng lunch. I also shared my baon with him."

He nodded while listening attentively. "Okay. How sweet of you princess."

I smiled. "That's the first time we met po. From then on, lagi na kami magkasama mag lunch. I've been wanting to tell you this story but you were just too busy daddy. Ang dami na po naming napag-usapan. We immediately became friends. I also told him you're a lawyer and a great cook!"

He smiled back. "I guess you two both get along with each other. I'm glad you made a new friend in school."

I sighed and pouted. "Actually, naiinis ako sa kanya."

"What? Why? I thought you guys are friends?" he chuckled

I frowned. "Kasi daddy, akala ko noong una friendly din siya pero noong kinausap ko siya, ang sungit niya bigla. I feel like he doesn't want to be friends with me. Shinare ko ang baon ko sa kanya dahil naawa ako na puro fried chicken ulam niya o kaya egg then he got mad because I was treating him like a child. I don't know why he's like that."

"Oh..bakit kaya? Tell me, is he bullying you?" he asked seriously

I immediately shook my head. "No daddy. Hindi naman po niya ako inaaway."