Chapter 7: What Future Holds

'Will I experience that in the future?'

Lucas stared at her eyes. The surprise on his face quickly disappeared as he stared at her softly.

'You will...'

He answered.

Athanasia smiled softly with a droplet of tears in her eyes. Her dream could come true. A dream where her father smiles warmly at her, a dream where her mother is there for her.

What a beautiful dream.

"Athanasia?" Diana called softly when she noticed that Athanasia was awake. Diana held her carefully with grief and sorrow in her eyes. "My daughter, let's leave now."

Diana was trying to hold back her tears while looking at this dimension's Athanasia.

"We will leave now, you... you will be fine." There was a lump in her throat. "Do you want to come with me?"

Athanasia remained silent, her eyes went to Claude who was looking at her with a sad but warm gaze. It feels very different.

Her own father would never look at her like that.

All her life, all she wanted was to get the love of her father, her only family. However, all Athanasia got was his cold stares, looking at her as if she were an insect.

She did her best to be adored by her own father, but she couldn't even break his stone-cold heart. Instead, Jennette did what she couldn't do, the Lovely Princess softened the heart of the Tyrant...

In the end, Athanasia proved that she would never be able to be loved by Claude.

Her Father--- No. Claude was ready to execute her for the crimes she never committed. She was never a daughter to him as he was never a father to her.

But looking at his father right now, he looks very different. He didn't smile, but his gazes were full of unfamiliar warmth.

He looks the Claude who can love her very much.

She had a guess...

Another Dimension...

It may be hard to believe but perhaps, the Claude and Diana in front of her came from another dimension. A dimension where the other Athanasia lived happily.

'So the other Atbanasia doesn't have a pitiful life like me'

Athanasia thought with relief and a little envy. Her gaze went back to her mother, Diana, who was looking at her with worry, sorrow, and warmth.

If her mother in this Dimension didn't die, would she also be warm like this woman? If her mother hadn't died when she was a baby, would her life change drastically?

Lily always told her that Diana was a great and warm person. Perhaps if she hadn't died in this dimension, everything could've changed.

Perhaps Athanasia would be happy even if his father would not look at her warmly. Perhaps her mother would take her away from this palace and live in a faraway place as this woman promised to her.

Or perhaps...

'Claude would be a different person because Mom is with us'

Like Claude who is with her mother right now...

Athanasia smiled weakly at her mother.

'In another life perhaps...'

"Mom..." She weakly mumbled. Athanasia tried to raise her hand to cup her mother's cheeks. "I'll come with you, of course."

Diana held her daughter's hand, she couldn't contain her tears anymore, but she smiled at her warmly before glancing at Claude.

It may sound impossible, but she will do anything to save this Athanasia. Diana doesn't believe that there is no antidote for this poison, she doesn't care if she blindly believes that this Athanasia will be saved---

"But mother..."

Diana's thought was cut off when Athanasia called for her again. Her world stopped when she saw the smile on her daughter's face.

No...

Please no...

"I'll come to you, but not today," Athanasia held Diana's hand. "It was nice to know that my mother was a kind and warm woman, but mother, my dimension is here."

"Athanasia--"

"It's time for you to come back, Mom."

••••••

Obelian Kingdom: Current Dimension

Athanasia was shocked while staring at herself in a mirror. She quietly held her face and felt warm tears coming from her eyes.

Why am I crying?

Athanasia thought.

"Oh, must be from the dust, should I close the windows?" Athy stood up and walked towards the window. She quietly stared at the scenery from her windows.

She is so bored!

Her mother suddenly disappeared and went to another dimension according to Lucas, that's why her Papa and Lucas went on a journey to find her mom.

But they didn't bring her because it was 'Dangerous'.

Athanasia sighed as she boredly laid on her bed. She stared quietly at the ceiling and took a deep sigh. In fact, she was not bored, but she was very worried.

The day her mother disappeared again, her Papa Claude almost went into a rampage. He looked really scared when she couldn't find her.

She couldn't forget the look on his face.

Claude thought Diana left her, but they didn't find a letter or any trace of her.

And if it's kidnapping, Claude might start a war with no hesitation.

What stressed her out the most was when he started to neglect his health just to look for her Mom. He was even ready to go to every part of his territory just to find her.

He was ready to go to any lengths to not lose her again...

Luckily, Lucas was always to the rescue. He explained to Claude what happened to Diana and proposed that they should look for her dimension to dimension.

Athansia sighed.

In fact, she was also very worried for her Mom.

She never needed a mother figure when she was young because she always had Lily with her, and it's not like she was really a child back then, Athanasia was reincarnated.

But after meeting her, everything changed. She may have never shown it, but she was also longing for her mother.

She couldn't lose her mom, if they failed to find her, she will look for her by herself.

Athanasia sighed again.

'I miss my Mom, I hope she's doing fine.'

"Please, come back safely everyone," Athy mumbled.

"I am waiting for you."

••••••••••

Author's Note:

Deym, I almost forgot about this fanfic 🤣

(I mean, it's all the same for my all stories 😆)