Chapter 2

Allys POV:

When it was lunchtime, me and Trish went to the cafeteria together but as soon as we got there she was already on her way to the popular group. I grabbed my food tray and went to the table I always sat on.

From time to time I spared a glance to the popular table, just to see how Trish fits in and I'm always greeted with those brown eyes. Trish though seems to fit in good, but maybe a little too good. They always laughed and that are the moments Austin looks over to me.

I don't know, why he has to ruin my life all the time. It bugs me that he always knows, what to do to get on my nerves.

Luckily they did nothing to embarrass me in front of the whole school, like they normally did.

After lunch Trish and I met up again for the last period. Unfortunately it's a class we don't share, so I have to direct her there and then go to my class, which means I will be late and everyones eyes will be on me, when I enter the classroom.

Trish has Science now, which is all the way on the other side of the school. Great.

We make a short halt at either of our lockers, to get the stuff we need. I have math now. My worst subject like I said. And it doesn't make it any better, that the whole gang is there.

I brought Trish to her classroom and tried to get back to my classroom as fast as possible. Apparently too fast because halfway there I bump into someone and they knock me completely over.

"Woho, careful there. Wouldn't want you to get hurt, right Ally-gator?", this annoying jerk-voice says. I look up to see a smirk playing on his lips. I roll my eyes, gather my stuff and try to get up, but the bruises on my stomach make themselves noticeable and I wince. "Ohhh, did I knock you over that bad? My deepest apologies." He fake pouts and stretches out his hand.

I know better than to take his hand and try to get up on my own again. "Not everything is about you, dumbass." I lightly wince again, but try to play it off cool.

He gives me a confused look, but shakes it off. "Why are you out in the halls anyway? Class started like 15 minutes ago. You are never late." He fake gasps. "Oh no we didn't get a new school-rebel like Rocky said, did we?"

I scoff and compose myself. "No, I was walking Trish to her class like a good friend would do.", I say proudly.

Now it's his time to scoff. "You don't even know how friendship works. Also you are her... showing-around-student.", he says, while gesturing wildly with his hands. "Trish doesn't even like you. She told us earlier at lunch. Why do you think we kept laughing?", he chuckles.

He is right. They kept laughing and Austin always looked to me. I'm also the complete opposite of Trish. Why should she even like me in the first place?

I sigh and my vision goes to the floor. "Aw, poor Ally-gator. Never good enough to make a friend.", he fake pouts again.

"Yeah, thank you I never noticed, asshole. Why are you even in the halls? We have the same class right now... unfortunately. Shouldn't you be in the classroom already?"

"Oh, I was just on my way to the toilets. Wanna join?" He has this fucking smirk on his face again and I know that he is playing with me so I guess, I'll play along.

"Of course, I don't like maths anyway.", I say with a sweet smile myself.

Austin looks shocked back at me and is speechless for a moment. He starts to stutter and I burst into a fit of laughter. "You should've seen your face. Complete shock. As if I'd go with you anywhere, especially the bathroom. Ew."