Chapter 1

Hi, real quick authors note, this is book 2 to Two Broken Wings so if you haven't go read that first, and if you already have welcome back :) hope you enjoy book 2, Even in Our Afterlife.

Luke's POV

Part of me want to be upset that we're dead, just sitting in this dark room with nothing to do, but part of me really just doesn't care. Well..I care that it happened before we got to play the Orpheum, and that Reg and Alex are here. I would rather it just be me here, and I'd give anything to get them out of here and find peace or whatever it is you're supposed to go when you die.

"Luke?" Reggie says looking up at me. His read was resting in my lap as he played with my hand, and I played with his hair with my free hand.

"Hm?"

"Where do you think we'll go after this...or are we just gonna be here forever?"

"I don't know." I say. "But we're here together, that's what matters."

All of the sudden I feel something sucking me down like a vacuum. I land hard on the ground and I hear Alex and Reggie groaning on either side of me. Did we get sent to hell? Are we in hell? Down means hell and we went down! I knew I wasn't perfect but hell? Really? And there's no way Alex and Reggie would go to hell, Reggie's literally a human golden retriever and Alex is nice (for the most part).

We stand up and I look around and realize we are back in the studio. "How'd we get back here?" I ask and then I hear a screaming, so I start screaming and Reggie and Alex start screaming. Alex grabs my arm and I pull Reggie close to me, partially to use him as a human shield and partially to protect him. I know it doesn't make sense, leave me alone.

A girl runs out of our studio still screaming. Why was she in our studio in the first place?

"We're back." Reggie says.

"Back from the dead." Alex says.

"Ohmygosh like zombies!" Reggie says.

"I was thinking more like ghosts." Alex says. "You know, I don't really feel like eating brains."

"Yeah, that makes sense, but zombies!" Reggie says.

"Zombies aren't real." Alex sighs.

"Oh but ghosts are, like that makes sense." Reggie says.

"He's got you there." I say.

"So, now what do we do?" Alex says. "Haunt Bobby?"

"It's not a bad idea." I say genuinely considering it. Bobby was a jerk, he deserves it.

"What, no I was joking!" Alex says.

Just then we hear soft footsteps coming towards the studio and we all freak out again and some how we teleport right outside the studio, and that girl from a few minutes ago is in our studio holding out a cross like an exorcist. What does she think, that our studio is haunted by demons or something!?

"Hello? Anybody here?" She says. "Whoever you are."

Whoever we are? We are Sunset Curve and we are legends! Or...we were going to be if we didn't die last night.

"I know I saw something I'm not crazy!" She says.

"Well we're all a little crazy." I say as the tree of us teleport a few feet forward. That's rad, I don't know how I did it but it's pretty rad. Sure makes things easy getting around.

She starts screaming again and I cover my ears. Why must she scream?

"Please stop screaming!" Alex says want we were all thinking and thankfully she stops.