Chapter 5

Hadley's POV

I poof out of the studio and I hear a poof behind me and I let out a sigh. "Reg, you can't follow me." I say turning around.

"I'm gonna help you get your soul back." He says. "You're helping us cross over, so I'm gonna help you."

"There's no helping me, I'm sorry." Hadley says. "I have to go before Caleb realizes I'm helping you."

"Maybe you shouldn't help us than." Reggie says. "If it's dangerous-"

"Don't be silly." I say. "After everything you've done for me back when we were alive, helping you and your friends cross over is the least I can do."

Back when I was alive Reggie basically gave me the world. He did everything he could for me and he'll forever be my best friend for that.

"Hadley come on you don't owe me anything for that." He says. "Please...if helping us is gonna get you into trouble than don't help us, we can figure it out."

"Well I'm already ignoring every other order from him so I'm already in trouble." I say. I know more than what Reggie thinks I know. I know about Julie and how she can make them visible. Caleb wants me to get close to them again to figure out what's so special about Julie. He wants me to try and get them to agree to join him, he even wants me to hurt Julie but I can't do that. I also know that Julie is my sister. Half sister technically. Her mom is Rose, my biological mom.

"I don't want you to get hurt." He says. "I can't lose you again."

"And I can't let Caleb get to you." I say. "Trust me, I will be fine. I'll come back in the morning and we can figure out what your unfinished business but promise me whatever you do, you won't go back to the Hollywood Ghost Club. No matter how bad the jolts get, don't take his offer." His Caleb gets ahold of their souls, he'll be unstoppable.

"Okay, I promise." He says. "The guys are probably wondering where I am so I should go back inside."

"Yeah, you should." I say. "Oh and by the way, you and Luke, I'm happy for you."

"Thanks." He says. "I'll see you tomorrow."

We hug and he poofs back into the studio. Before I can even think about going anywhere I'm poofed to the Hollywood Ghost Club and in Caleb'a office.

"Miss Hadley." He smiles sinisterly at me. "It's been a while my darling. And you know, you still haven't done what I asked, why is that?" He says. My chest gets tight and the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up. "You do know what I will do if you disobey me, right?"

"Of course." I say.

"So why are you instead of trying to lure them to me, you're trying to help them cross over?" Caleb says. "Do you really think you could get by me? I've been keeping a close eye on you Hadley and I guess me threatening your life isn't enough motivation. So here's the new deal my dear. You don't get them to agree to join my club and figure out what makes Julie so special...I'll kill them all."

"You wouldn't do that. You want their power so you need them alive." I say calling his bluff trying to sound confident but I felt sick to my stomach and shivers rattled down my spine.

"Actually, I don't need them alive. I built these wonderful new machines that extract souls and any unique abilities they acquire, like being seen by lifers without my help." He says with his evil little grin. "So...you don't do wha to ask I put you're brother, sister, and their friends in these machines and any power they posses come to me. So...you better do as I say."

What the hell am I supposed to do now.

Luke's POV

It's not too long before Reggie poofs back into the studio. He comes over and wraps his arms around me.

"Everything okay?" I ask. Ever since he and Hadley had that one on one talk he's been acting a little off.

"Yeah, just a little worried about the whole jolt and crossing over situation." He says. "What if we don't find our unfinished business?"

"We will, don't worry." I say. "We don't really have another choice. And besides Hadley is gonna help us out."

"Yea..." he says. And mumbles something I can't hear.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." He says pulling away. "I'm kinda drained...the jolts are kinda making me tired I guess. I'm gonna go lie down and try and think of what my unfinished business is." He says and he head up the later to the loft.

"So, is playing the Orpheum really not our unfinished business?" Alex asks. "Because I don't see how it could be anything else. And how would Hadley know that's not it,"

"I don't know." I say. "And I know you probably don't trust her since you just met her, but it's Reggie's sister. She's never do anything to hurt him, or us." Plus, Hadley is pretty shy and reserved, and one of the sweetest people I've met, she wouldn't hurt a fly.

But Alex does make a good point. How does she know that playing the Orpheum isn't our unfinished business. I mean, it's something we all really wanted to do and we died before we could get the chance. We got the opportunity stripped away from us. So what could our unfinished be if not that?

I mean, maybe my unfinished business is making up with my mom, but I do t just want to make up with her I want her to see that my dream isn't worthless. I want her to believe in me. And I also want to find this older brother of mine. I don't even know if he's alive, dead, or a ghost. I'll probably never even find him.

Hadley's POV

After talking to Caleb, I poof out of his office and start walking to my room with my head down. My mind is racing. What am I gonna do, if I don't do wist Caleb says bell hurt Reggie, if I do Reggie and his friends will still get hurt. It's a lose lose situation.

I am so lost in thought I run into a friend of mine, Leon.

"Oh, sorry I didn't see you there." I say.

"Hadley, where were you!? You've been gone for weeks!"

"I saw my brother and his friends. They were here and I knew Caleb was gonna use me to get to them so I left. But now I can't avoid it, it's kinda a long story." I say.

"Okay, well I need your help. I just figured out my little brother is a ghost too. He was also here with his friends. I'm surprised I even recognized him. He's all grown up." Leon says. "Anyways could you help me find him?"

"I wish I could but I'm really busy. I have to figure out how to help my brother and his friends without hurting them." I say. "I'm sorry."

"What if we help each other." Leon says. "I help you figure out how to save your brother and his friends and you help me reunite with my brother."

"We do make a great team." I say. "Okay, fine let's do it,"

Hiii I know it's been a couple months since I've updated here so I just wanted to say hi :) thank you all for reading this chapter I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next one. Take care and remember to stand tall 💜👻