Chapter 2

Reggie's POV

It's been a couple weeks since we've meet Julie and she's really changed our lives- our afterlives. With her, we can perform on stage again in front of an audience. We don't know why we are visable whenever we play with them, but we are.

And Julie's dad and brother are amazing, I just wish I could have a real conversation with them. I mean they sure keep me company. Alex meet a new ghost friend who's he's been hanging out with. His name is Willie, I've met him he's a good dude. Alex clearly likes him so I'm happy for him. Although Willie has been acting strange ever since he took us to that weird ghost club. Caleb didn't even help us find a way to get back at Trevor and Julie got mad us for missing the dance.

And Luke seems to be busy writing songs with Julie lately. I mean, it's not like I'm jealous or anything- okay maybe I am a little but I'm just worried. They have so much in common and so much chemistry when they sing together. And they look like a couple, they look like they could start a happy family together. (If ghosts can even have kids, with a lifer if that) but me and Luke would never be able to have kids dead or alive.

Alex's POV

I've been getting use to this whole ghost thing, I even met a really cute ghost named Willie. Only, I feel like he's been avoiding me since he introduced us to Caleb. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, maybe it's all in my head? But I really feel like he's been avoiding me. Every time I see him he just skates away, he's definitely avoiding me.

I walk into the studio and Julie is in there about to leave for school.

"Oh, I was just looking for you guys." She says. "I'm about to head to school, Reggie was supposed to tell you about the gig my dad got us. Well, it's not really a gig. We are having a party here and my dads gonna film it for YouTube."

I give her a confused look. What is a "YouTube."

"YouTube is just a place to put videos and stuff. We could get discovered, this is good." Julie says and I nod only half understanding.

"Well I haven't seen Reggie or Luke today, I was out looking for Willie." I say. "I think he's avoiding me." I had come out to Julie yesterday and she supports me, and she knows about my massive crush on Willie.

"Well if he's smart he won't miss what's right in front of him." Julie says. "If he can't see you as the amazing ghost you are, then he's not even worth it."

"Thanks Jules." I sigh. I just wish I knew where I went wrong and why he's avoiding me. I thought we were having fun together.

"Speaking of Luke and Reggie..."Julie says. "Are they dating?"

"Yeah." I say. "I mean, don't tell them I told you, but I mean they don't hide it very well."

"Okay, well I gotta get to school. See you later." She says and heads off to school.

Luke's POV

I went into the house to see if Reggie was there and sure enough he was.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey, I was just gonna come and find you. Ray got us a gig. There's gonna be an epic party here tonight and we are playing and Ray is gonna film it for YouTube." Reggie says. "Isn't he the best dad ever?"

"What's YouTube?" I ask.

"Probably some future thing." Reggie shrugs. "Anyways... wanna go to the beach, it's really calm and quite there this morning."

"Maybe in a minute, I was gonna go ask Julie what song she wants to sing tonight." I say.

"Oh-" he says. "Yeah, right of course okay." He says. "Um, yeah, I guess I could meet you there?" He says.

"Great, I'll be there in like two minutes." I say kissing his cheek and poofing to Julie's school to talk.

She closed her locker and jumped when she saw me. "Normal people don't do that, and ghosts definitely shouldn't." She says. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see what song you were thinking about plying tonight. I was thinking Great." I say.

A group of girls walk by and say hi and Julie smiles awkwardly before pulling out her phone. Really!? In the middle of a conversation.

"Really? You're just gonna take a phone call while we're talking? Do you know how rude that is?"

"Hi, thanks for calling, otherwise people might think I'm talking to myself." Julie says.

"Oh, nice." I say. That's actually pretty smart, I forgot how insane she's look talking to air.

"I think Great is a great choice." Julie says.

"Okay cool." I say. "Hey why don't you just ditch school today, let's go rehearse."

"No, no I promised my dad, school first." She says.

"Right you're at school first. Now you're leaving to go rehearse." I say. "Come on, we need you." I say.

"I can't. I promised Nick I would be his dance partner." She says. "And he's heading this way! Gotta go, bye." She says pretending to hang up just as that Nick kid walked up.

He wore black dress pants and a black dress shirt to match the black dress in Julie's arms. "Well don't you look sharp." I say as I stand behind him.

"You ready?" Nick says.

"Yeah, yeah. We're gonna do great." Julie says.

"I'm glad you're confident. Even after three classes I'm still not sure. But at least I got my secret weapon." He smiles at her. Ooh Nick has a crush.

"Uh oh, looks like someone has a crush on Julie!" I say teasingly.

"Shut up." Julie says through her teeth at me. Nick gives her a weird look. "Uhh, shut up! You're gonna do great. I'll see you in there?"

"Yeah, I'll be the one trying it to make us look bad." Nick says, trying way too hard to flirt with her.

He walks away and I smile at Julie. "Well he is just too cute!"

"Boundaries." She reminds me. "I'll see you after school."

"I guess we'll carry you tonight like we always do." I say as she she walks away. "Hey I know you're smiling. Kill it on the dance floor!"

Julie walks off to class and I meet Reggie at the beach like I said I would. He was sitting in the sand staring out at the waves rolling in.

"Hey love." I say sitting next to him and kissing his cheek.

"Hi." He says. "What did Julie say?"

"We were thinking Great." I say.

"Cool." He says. "So, I'm guessing you want to go rehearse?"

"We don't have to, I want to spend time with you." I say putting my arm around him. He rests is head on my shoulder snuggling close.

"So, can we stay here for a bit? Just like this?" He says.

"Sure, if that's what you want." I say. "Is something the matter?"

"No, no everything is alright." He says. So we sit there in the sand together just enjoying each other's company.

We haven't been able to do this because people would stare, but now no one can see us. This is also great because I feel like we haven't had time together recently and it's driving me crazy. I love him so much and I'm honestly afraid that our love only lasted a life time, not continuing in our afterlife. 

"I love you." He whispers to me. "Even in the afterlife you mean more than life to me." It was like he could read my mind and said exactly what I needed to hear.

"I love you too, always will."