Chapter 1

Kiera thought she had everything under control but she made the mistake of letting her guard down. That was enough for Cosette to turn the tables. She decided to end it when Kiera thought she had the upper hand.

In one night she managed to brainwash all of the people of the Parvis household to her side. But she wasn't able to brainwash Rose, Sir Joseph, Zeke and surprisingly, the Duke. She understood the first three but she wasn't able to understand why she wasn't able to brainwash the Duke.

So she used her strongest art to brainwash the Duke though he was fighting back a lot. Though temporary, Cosette slowly managed to turn the empire against Kiera. But Lady Daphne and Princess Arabella believed that Kiera was the real daughter of Duke Parvis but they weren't able to prevent the planned public execution date.

Erez tried suppressing Cosette's art but she was too strong for him.

Erez put a spell on her that would greatly weaken her but there was a price to pay, it would weaken him and probably change his appearance too.

They tried to talk to the Duke to prevent the execution but were met with dull, empty eyes. Like a doll's. Cosette was manipulating him. What he was doing was not his choice. Though sometimes they could see him trying to regain control and possibly try prevent Kiera's execution. 

Even though the Duke didn't show it he cared a lot about his daughter. When Kiera fell down the stairs when she was younger, it took all his willpower to not go and see her.

He always wanted her to stop greeting him because he thought that he doesn't deserve her but he was happy whenever she called him 'Father'. So when he heard her call him 'Your Grace' instead... he could hear his heart shatter into a million pieces.

The Parvis had always been neutral even to their family.  That means that no matter how much he loves someone... he can never show it. That's just how he grew up.

The Parvis duchy was one of the strongest duchy. There were millions of people who would jump at the chance to bring him down. So if he showed that he cared for Kiera someone might try to hurt her to hurt him.

He never wanted to hurt Kiera. But now he is trapped inside his body while Cosette, using his body, commands the execution of Kiera.

So the day before Kiera's execution, he uses all his willpower to break out of Cosette's hold (this was possible because Erez had already weakened Cosette) for at least an hour. He runs towards where Kiera was held captive. He quickly changed his expression to his neutral one and ordered all the guards to leave their posts and hand him the keys.

He rushed inside to see his daughter wearing torn clothes and sitting on the cold floor inside the prison. The scene made him want to cry.

He opened the door of the prison. Kiera looked at him with a mix of fear, confusion and curiosity.

"Your Grace....?" - Kiera

He hugged his only daughter. Crying and apologizing over and over.

"I am sorry for not coming earlier.....!Cosette has been controlling me. I never wanted to hurt you. I don't want you to die. I want my daughter to live. I wish I could've been a better father for you. I am sorry Kiera...! I am so sorry...! I will not dare to ask for you to forgive me.... Cosette will be back soon and after that I will be forced to hate you but I love you, my daughter.... Know that Kiera.... This father has always loved you. So I don't care what happens to me as long as you're safe. So run away...! Please run away...! Run away and be happy....! You have to live...! Even if you don't accept me as your Father, you are my one and only daughter...!" - Duke Parvis

Kiera pov

Father.... loves me...? I would have thought of it as a lie but I have never seen Father cry before and his words felt genuine.

This means that even in my past life Father loved me...

I didn't even realize that I was crying before Father wiped my tears with his hand. He hugged me once again and I bawled out my eyes.

"I HATE YOU FATHER! Do you know in how much pain I was in?! Father!" - Kiera

"I know... I am sorry... It was all my fault.... What I thought I was doing for you ended up hurting you instead..... I am sorry Kiera..." - Duke Parvis

He patted my back and stroked my hair as I tried to calm down. 

"We don't have much time. You have to leave now. Cosette will be back anytime now and then she'll definitely try to brainwash me again. I have prepared a carriage at the back of the estate.  It has food and water and everything you'll need." - Duke Parvis

Father walked me towards the back of the estate and asked the carriage driver to take me to safety. He then kissed the top of my head and I could see a tear dripping down his left cheek¹.

I settled inside the carriage as it started to move.

I looked back to see Father with tears in his eyes and a small smile on his face staring at my carriage that was speeding away from him. I too, looked back at him with a tearful smile.

2 hours later~

I saw a figure standing at the side of the road frantically waving at my carriage. He had short burgundy hair and burgundy eyes. He also had a scar on his forehead. 

I ordered the coachman to stop the carriage.

I didn't recognize at first but then I remembered that a certain someone used a powerful spell to weaken Cosette but after using it not only did he grow weak but it also changed his appearance.

"Erez?!" - Kiera

"Princess please don't leave without informing me first!" - Erez

"I didn't have a choice, you idiot! Cosette will brainwash Father again and then she will try to execute me!" - Kiera

"I am coming with you! You possibly can't be thinking of leaving alone!" - Erez

"I am not a child! I can handle myself!" - Kiera

"And I am pregnant! No matter what you say I am coming with you! I love you too much to let you go alone!" - Erez

I could feel the blood rushing to my face.

"E-Erez...!" - Kiera

"Princess please...!" - Erez

"Alright... y-you can come with..." - Kiera

He climbs into the carriage and we continue on our way to the neighboring land, that is known as Japan.

After a few hours of traveling I grow tired and rest my head on Erez' shoulder. I close my eyes and drift to dreamland.

–––––––––––

Note:

♡ The Duke genuinely loves and cares for Kiera. He just doesn't know how to show it.

(Have any of you read 'Father, I don't want to get married'? The Duke here is kinda like Jubellian's father)

(This is my au so please don't come after me saying that the Duke is not a nice person. I just think that Kiera deserves a good father figure.)

♡ The demon possessing Cosette's body is one of Muzan's subordinates. That's why I wrote 'art'.

♡ The real Cosette is a good person.

¹ It is said that when the first tear falls from the left eye it means that the person is sad. And when the first tear falls from the right eye it means that the person is happy.
–––––––––––

Did you like this chapter? Please do comment!

I do not own 'Actually I Was The Real One' and 'Kimetsu no Yaiba'.

See you all in next chapter! 👋

–ItsKateD