Chapter 7

3rd Person Pov

His mother served tea with the utmost grace.

He had seen many people pour tea but his mother was elegant and graceful. Like a princess.

Now once again, he saw her pour tea for their guest.

Elegant and not a single flaw.

The day had been very surprising for him.

When he saw his parents halfway down the mountain, battered and bruised, he had been shocked.

Then he found out that his siblings were missing.

And his mom called his father.... Erez....?

And now his house is in shambles.

Not to mention that his mother performed some water magic to summon his father, who appeared out of thin air along with their equally surprised guest.

He watched the scene in front of him unfold.

His other siblings were outside, playing, with Nezuko taking care of them.

He was the only one allowed to join the discussion as he was the eldest child.

He sat straight, trying to match the seriousness of the situation. And the elegance of his parents.

Even though the adults had let him join the discussion, it still felt as if they didn't want to let him know of the situation, as they spoke in hushed whispers.

They also used a lot of fancy words which he did not understand.

But whatever was being spoken about was deathly serious, given the tense atmosphere.

His mother even lost composure for a second.

His father's eyebrows were furrowed as he kept glancing at the piece of earring his mother never took off.

Tanjiro's eyes widened when he noticed that the earring was cracked.

"Okaa-San...!" - Tanjiro

His face flushed when he realized that he had broken the silence with his loud exclamation and that everyone was staring at him.

"O-Okaa-San.... Your earring! It's broken!" - Tanjiro

Her hand flew to her ear, her mouth slightly agape as she stared at her husband.

"Don't tell me...." - Kiera

Erez gave her a solemn look and Kiera's face contorted to hatred.

"So it's her again huh? That damned b-!" - Kiera

Erez immediately covered her mouth with his hand.

"Not in front of the kid. Also, your words are getting way too vulgar these days. Looks like someone needs a little punishment huh?" - Erez

Kiera smiled at him sweetly.

"Not in front of the kid and the guest." - Kiera

He chuckled and removed his hand from her grasp.

He glanced at the demon slayer, who was very awkward with the situation.

He smirked, glad that he won the non-existent competition for his wife. (Jealous because Kiera told him that a 'ravishing' young man was coming their way.)

He then noticed that his son was clueless about what was happening. The entire time, he was just there.

"Son. Let's go out for some fresh air, shall we?" - Erez