Chapter 16

After the heartfelt talk between Atid and Aroon, they felt light as if a burden has been removed from their heart. Atid was happy to know that Aroon has forgiven him for all his mistakes while Aroon felt delighted when Atid apologized for treating him badly in the past. Both of them were ready to leave their pasts behind and move ahead in their new relationship.

They spend rest of the day talking and bickering over small things. It was almost time for the sun to set and Atid suddenly remembered the surprise he had planned for Aroon.

Atid: Hey , we need to go back now.

Aroon: But we haven't watched the sunset.

Atid: We can watch it from our room. I have something urgent to do.

Aroon gets up and starts walking as Atid looked anxious. He didn't want to argue with him and increase his anxiety. As he was walking, Aroon was startled when someone closed his eyes from behind.

Aroon: Atid

Atid: Sshh...Just walk

Aroon: But I can't see anything.

Atid: Don't worry. Just walk. I will not let fall.

Aroon slowly walks forward. Atid asks him to stop after going a bit forward.

Atid: I am take hands off. Slowly open your eyes.

Aroon slowly opens his eyes and was mesmerized by the view before.

Two bean bags were set on the beach and the surroundings were lighted by lanterns

Aroon: It's beautiful. When did you..

Atid: While going through the website, I found this. I wanted to surprise you with this.

Aroon: Thank you.

Atid makes Aroon sit on one of the bean bag and then he sits on the other one. He takes Aroon's hand in his hand and looks at him with a wide smile.

Atid: Let's enjoy our first sunset together.

Aroon: Hmm

They sat there enjoying the sunset with a beer in their hands.

Aroon: Atid

Atid: Hmm

Aroon: Thank you.

And: For what?

Aroon: No one has ever done anything so sweet for me before.

Atid: Well, I guess everyone you met are as dumb as me.

Aroon: Huh

Atid: I mean the past me who couldn't see how precious you are.

Aroon looks Atid with tears in his eyes.

Atid: Hey, I said no crying.

Aroon: These are happy tears dumbo.

Atid: Now that we have become friends, you have started insulting me.

Aroon: Oooh...I am sorry na.

Atid pretends to sulk. Aroon slowly moves towards him and starts tickling.

Atid: Ya...don't..don't do it...stop.stop

Aroon: Stop sulking or I will tickle you more.

Atid: Okay..okay..I give up

Both starts laughing looking at each other.

After the sunset, they spend time having few drinks and appetizers. They also enjoyed a performance put up by the local band. They then had a light dinner and returned back to their room.

Inside the hotel room:

Aroon was standing in the balcony looking outside.

Aroon(in mind): Today was one of the best days in my life. I finally got my bestfriend back. In the last few days I  got to see a new side of Atid that I have never seen before. I love this Atid who is friendly and caring. Love

Aroon's mind gets stuck for a second.

Did I just use the word love? But how can I love him. He always spoke about friendship and not love. I cannot fall in love with him. I cannot afford to get my heart broken. This is a marriage of convenience between two friends. He said I am not his type and will never be. I cannot get my feeling tangled and lose my bestfriend again.

Aroon was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize that Atid has come out of the bathroom and was standing next to him.

Atid: What is bothering you so much that you are frowning.

Aroon looks at Atid in shock.

Aroon: Nothing. I was just thinking about something randomly. I will go and freshen up.

Atid didn't believe him but he decided not to pressurize him to reveal anything.

Atid(in mind): What was he thinking about? Was he thinking about us? Why would he frown thinking about us? Does he regret this marriage? He was happy until a few minutes back. What changed in the little time that I went to take bath.

Atid's mind was filled with questions. He didn't want anything to effect his friendship with Aroon. He would do everything in his power to keep Aroon happy.

Aroon came back from the washroom and sat on the bed.

Aroon: I am feeling tired. I will go to bed early. Goodnight

He says that and lies down on his side of the bed and closes his eyes without even waiting for Atid's reply. Atid was a bit shocked by Aroon's actions. He lies on the bed and turns off the light. He looks at Aroon but he slept with his back facing him. He tried to close his eyes and go to sleep but he was missing Aroon. He is used to sleeping with Aroon in his arms. He tosses and turns trying to sleep but sleep deludes him. He gets up and walks towards the balcony. He sits on the couch and looks outside lost in his thoughts.

It's been an hour since Aroon lay there with his eyes closed. He felt Atid's restlessness as he tossed and turned next to him. After a few minutes,  everything went quite. He opened his eyes and turned around expecting a sleeping Atid but the space next to him was empty. He  sat up and looked around the room. He saw a shadow in the balcony. He gets up and quietly walks to the balcony.

Aroon: Why are you still awake?

Atid: I can't sleep. What are you doing here? I thought you are tired and want to get some rest.

Aroon: I..

Atid: What did I do?

Aroon: Huh

Atid: What did I do that you are avoiding me?

He would feel the pain in Atid's voice.

Aroon quickly goes and hugs him from behind.

Aroon: I am sorry. You didn't do anything wrong. It's just my stupid thoughts that  caused all the problems.

Atid turns around and looks at Aroon.

Atid: Don't turn your back on me again. If you are bothered about something, just tell me. We will try to fix it but please don't push me away.

Aroon: I won't. Now let's go to bed.

Aroon hold Atid's hand and takes him to the bed. They both lay down next to each other. Aroon turns around and snuggles closer to Atid as he pulls Aroon into his arm. They finally drift into sleep hugging each other.