In Another World (2)

"Dark!!"

"What?!"

Red shoved open the door to the kitchen. "You can't just randomly come back from the interspace holding Green's supposed corpse and walk away without explaining yourself!! What happened?!"

"Er-, not that I think you were the one who injured him, but more like explaining how you found him," he added quickly, seeing how Dark started to give him the same frustrated glare he gave Second.

Dark had been rolling his eyes, but halted when he actually took the time to notice the black and blue overshadowing Red's questioning expression. "Better question, what happened to your face?"

"Don't know. Don't dodge the question!"

Blinking in befuddlement, Dark sighed and straightened up. "Listen, I don't know either. I just woke up in the middle of the night and heard someone walking down the hall. I get up and follow the sound of footsteps, then it turns out to be Green sneaking out and going through the interspace portal. So I followed him- because literally why would I not follow him at this point? -and eventually he got out of my sight long enough to be beaten up, because I found him on the ground on the brink of unconsciousness a little while later mumbling something about how 'he didn't understand'."

Dark paused to take a breath, before dramatically throwing his hands out to the side in slight exasperation. "You happy, Mr. Interrogator?"

This was getting even weirder. With how Red had gotten injured and seemingly tossed into a dumpster and how Green had gotten beaten up at roughly the same time in the interspace of all places, this did seem awfully... suspicious for Dark.

Well, it would seem so if Red didn't already know that Dark was innocent. The others however, might not believe the same.

"Eh, happy enough. Also actually I do kind of know how I got these black eyes. Or, not how exactly, but kind of. Chosen found me in a dumpster near his house with 'em this morning. He didn't know what happened to me either."

Instantly, the moment Chosen's name was mentioned, Dark bolted upright. "You don't suppose it was Ch-"

"No, I don't suppose. He- much like you, ya pessimistic person -wouldn't do something like that. I mean come on, Dark! You guys were best friends for years! You know him better than that!"

The only response Red received back was a grumpy sounding grumble, which Red was satisfied enough with.

"But anyway, I'm gonna go see if Green's awake yet. Call me if ya need me!" And Red left with a wave, heading towards Blue's little infirmary.

Red was aware that it had only been a few minutes since Green and Dark had even arrived at the PC again, but Red was enthusiastic to find out what in the interspace happened to him.

--

What a strange dream Dark had last night.

The aforementioned dark lord was alone, sitting on his bed eating some noodles as a dinner.

It was odd to be thinking about last night's dream at a time like this. The green friend was injured, Red was injured, the orange friend was in a rage, Chosen, Alan, and Yellow were who knows where, but Dark remembered his dream.

Vividly. There wasn't a part of that dream which was fuzzy in his memories, unlike most dreams. However, the dream had also been fairly short, with his sleep only lasting slightly over an hour, so it's not as if there was much to forget.

The dream itself had been very lifelike otherwise too. Not that he doubted it was a dream, but that put a thought in his head about how easy it would be to hack into a stick figure's mind and brainwash them. Or make them hallucinate. He should discuss that with Yellow in the morning.

But for now, it was 2am. Now was the time for sleeping.

--

"Sec, Chosen, Red, it's late. You all should go ahead and go to sleep. If anything happens, I'll wake you guys up. Sound good?"

Oh, Red was already asleep in his chair. His head buried in his arms, resting on the bed Green was occupying.

Second looked as if he was about to protest, but Chosen immediately shot him down with a snort. "It's not as if Green's going anywhere. His wounds are also very clearly nonfatal, as Blue mentioned earlier. He'll be fine. Go to bed."

The orange stick very clearly found the idea distasteful, but eventually reluctantly nodded anyway, before gently shaking Red's shoulders-

Red of whom just instantly bolted upright in a panic, much to everyone else's surprise. Or, at least they would've been surprised if they weren't so exhausted.

Noticing the others' concern, Red quickly, yet tiredly stated that he was having a bad dream and left it at that.

"Anyway..."

"Good morning, guys. What's..." A yawn. "...up?"

Chosen, Red, Blue, and Second all tore their gaze from Green's unconscious self to stare at a sleepy-looking Yellow, groggily wiping his eyes.

Eventually, Blue sputtered. "Yellow? Did you only just wake up?"

"Uh... yeah...? Did I miss-" Another yawn. "-something...?"

"How late did you stay up last night?!"

Second cut in. "When was the last time you slept?!" 

Then Chosen cut in. "Wait, how long did you sleep? If you fell asleep before anyone else woke up, which was around 8am, and you only just woke up at 2am the next day..."

...

Everyone just stared at Yellow, who didn't seem to realize the full extent of the situation, before Red snickered and nudged Second. "Guess Sunshine over here is trying to break your record!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted to practice writing more dialogue.

Part 3?