VOODOO

AN ORIGINAL SHORT FICTION

BY ROBERT LEIGH FREDENBURG

What do you know ‘bout voodoo?” asked the Haitian Lady

“I know not” proclaimed the American Man

“As I had foreseen” says the Haitian Lady
The inside of the Haitian Ladies hut begins to melt away like dripping paint right in front of the American Mans eyes. What was happening? Where were they?

“All will be answered in due time. Foolish American Man” says the Haitian Lady in a booming magnified voice.

The hut had completely vanished, melted away, and they were seated in a dessert around a small campfire circle made of smooth oval and round rocks.

“I know this place” the American Man gasped. How had she known about this place? What else did she know?

“You remember this place” the Haitian Lady says

“Yes! Why did you bring me here? I can’t be here! You’re mad!” the American Man exclaimed to the Haitian Lady.

“Your guilt” sneers the Haitian Lady

The background begins to drip away like melting paint. After a moment or two they were in a new location outside of s small country church.

“The funeral” muttered the American Man in horror.

“Yes! The funeral of my daughter” the Haitian Lady says. Revealing her true purpose and reason behind doing this to the American Man.

“Your daughter” the American Mans screams out. Realizing in that moment who the Haitian Lady truly was to him.

A candle flickers to life. Buried alive! The American Man screams again. Quiet.