Chapter 7: The Light

Tapos na Timothy. It's over.

Ako na ang bumawi ng tingin ko.

Hindi lang dahil ayoko na makita niya na may kaunti pa rin akong nararamdaman para sa kanya.

Hindi ko rin matignan na magkasama silang dalawa ng gitaristang-shokoy na iyon.

"Mithy, I heard that you're transferring to another school na. Why you're still here?" asked Lynetta just when I looked away from the door.

Ayaw na yata akong makita ng babaeng ito. Sabi ko sa isip ko. Before I can even ask whether she would like me to transfer or not, she made a loud cry.

"OM Kyla! Where have you been? What's with the door by the way? Kumaripas ka kaagad ng takbo without even telling me the reason. I don't know if you're afraid of the class or you're just pressured when you saw...

Hindi pa man nakakatapos si Lynetta sa pagsasalita...here comes the greatest scarer for all times. Este the alleged "greatest teacher for all times."

She opened the door with horror. I can say that she's like the landlady of Mr. Bean whenever she opens and closes the door. I maybe kinda joking but that's the nearest picture I can relate with her.

She approached the table. Lay all her books, lesson pan, and other paraphernalia. And greeted us all with her self-conceived Australian accent:

"Good Monday Seven- Rizal."

As usual, we stood up and greeted our teacher:

"Good Monday Ms. Malipa."

Everyone stood still except for some of our classmates who took their seats after greeting Ms. Malipa.

"Excuse me? Did I ask you to sit down?" asked Ms. Malipa in her tenor to soprano voice.

And so, they stood up again. Trembling and anxious about what can she say or can happen next. She approached one of the students who sat down after greeting her, and asked:

"What is your name, Anak?" with a creepy voice that makes you uncomfortable of yourself.

"Helen Ma'am." sagot ng new classmate namin habang nakatingin sa mga paa niya.

"Excuse me Anak, may I ask you something?"

"Yes po?" habang nakatingin naman ngayon sa pintuan at minsan sa kisame.

"Autistic ka ba?" seryosong tanong ni Ms. Malipa

"Hindi po Ma'am." answered Helen teary-eyed

"Eh bakit kung saan saan ka nakatingin?"

She approached another student and asked:

"Ikaw, anong pangalan mo?"

"I'm Erika Montalban. Thirteen years old. 34-23-34." sagot niya habang nakahawak ang dalawang kamay sa baywang.

"Anong 34-23-34? Hindi ko tinatanong ang numero ng bahay ninyo."

She asked another five students na hindi nanatiling nakatayo pagkatapos siyang batiin. After interviewing those students personally in a public setting, she finally took her meter stick and slapped it hard on the table.

Nabigla ang mga bagong estudyante. Ang akala yata nagalit nanaman si Ma'am. Ang hindi nila alam, that's the way Ms. Malipa say: "You may now take your seat." Sumunod na lang sila sa aming mga datihan na.

"Open your Science book on page 24. Our first topic for the First Grading Period is Optics. Today, we're going to start with the concept of light. Mr. Madrigal, would you like to tell the class what comes into your mind when you hear the word, 'light'?"