Scrolls and Missions

Hey, Author here! I started watching The Owl House about 4 months ago and always wanted to write a fanfic about it. But, nothing stood out as a good story. Until Any Sport in a Storm. I loved the interactions between Hunter and Willow and saw it as the perfect story. So, without any further ado, I present "Your Call, Captain", a Huntlow story. Art creds to @Dummy16 on Twitter.

Deep inside the castle of the great Emperor of the Boiling Isles, there was a very special room. Most of the Emperor's Coven Scouts tended to stay away from it unless they had a reason. They had all heard what would happen if you entered the Golden Guard's room without permission. The horrible stories told by the older scouts scared them to death. Most didn't realize that this was a new Golden Guard. And the new and old Golden Guard couldn't be more different.

Inside the room, Hunter sat in his desk chair. He was the nephew of Emperor Belos, he was the leader of the Emperor's Coven, and he was the Golden Guard. And yet, he couldn't figure out how a scroll worked. Flapjack sat to the side, watching him and occasionally chirping advice. Hunter had spent the last 45 minutes trying to create a Penstagram account, and now he was looking for his friends. His team. They were simply his team. No matter what Darius says, he doesn't have any friends. They were a liability. That's what Belos always said.

But then why, when Hunter finally found an account called "Hello_willow" was he so happy? The account had their team picture front and center, and as Hunter looked at it he felt proud. He had helped lead the team to victory and was still impressed by his teammates. Viney was a good healer, Skara was a very wise tactician, and Gus was extremely quick. And then there was Willow. Willow was a great captain, but Hunter was even more impressed by her magic. He was surprised when she referred to herself as "Half-a-Witch" because that was him. He was the powerless one. She was amazing. He felt so stupid for judging them earlier.

He clicked on the account name and looked at the other picture she had posted. Most of them were of her, Gus, Amity, and Luz. Some had two older men in it that most be her parent. Hunter looked at the button that said friend and clicked on it.

A chat box opened up and the keyboard popped up. Hunter began to type out a message. It took him so long because he had never used it before.

Hello Willow. I know that you may hate me because I betrayed you, but I really enjoyed our Flyer Derby game. I know that I tried to force you into the Emperor's Coven, but I wasn't thinking and I wanted to have you all in the Coven with me. I'm sorry.

A minute passed, then another, then another. Finally, after 5 or 6 minutes, Willow responded.

I was really angry with you. But, I realized that this is what you think, isn't it? Do you really think that Belos and the Emperor's Coven are in the right?

I do. I grew up in the Coven, so I guess it never went through my mind to give you guys a chance to research more and say goodbye to your family.

Wow, you are a sloooooow typer.

I've never used one of these things before. This is all new to me. Darius gave it to me after you left.

So I was the first person you talked to?

I don't know anyone else on this thing. The team is really the only kids I know. Of course, I know the Coven Heads but I don't think they would take kindly to me trying to friend them.

Ha! They probably wouldn't. Do you want me to add you to the team chat?

Can you do it later? I would rather not get yelled at by Gus over text.

I was going to ask about Gus yelling at you but I probably shouldn't.

How is the team going, by the way?