Surprise!

Sorry about not posting for so long. I was in Grease, so I had to spend my last 2 weeks working on the musical. It went well and now I am back to posting weekly (hopefully). Anyway, I have been talking for too long, so here is your chapter.

Now, Hunter had always liked Construction magic. He was quite good at it because even without Flapjack he could do it. His other staff was quite good at it. He had always read about Construction magic being used to build important buildings for the Emperor's Coven. He had even tried a Construction patch once. It had taken him a while to wake up from that magic-induced nap. He had put it on to help him sleep at night, but it had kept him asleep for 16 hours. He still didn't understand why that had happened. The person who sold him the patch told him that it would help him get the sleep he needed.

So, he was surprised that Construction was so boring. Luz had been there, but he sat away from her and was just bored all class. He barely remembered what it was about. Something about how to shut off a Construction patch. Oracle was much the same. They stared into Crystal Balls for an hour and then left. Hunter did sit next to Luz that time, but they were too busy to talk. Finally, they had their final class: Illusion.

Hunter was kind of scared to go into the Illusions classroom. Not because he didn't he could do it because he was actually quite good at illusions, but because Gus was in there. Luz and Willow had told him that the whole team forgave him, but he was still unsure. He walked into the room right as the bell screamed and saw that only one seat was open. And, it happened to be between Luz and Gus. He was so screwed.

As he sat down, he felt Gus' eyes on him. He turned towards Gus and saw betrayal deep in his eyes, but mostly saw anger. "We trusted you, Caleb. And you betrayed that trust. I don't know why you are here, but get lost."

Hunter didn't skip a beat. "I'm here to hunt rebels. But, before you freak out, that's the official reason. I'm really here for something else."

"And that is?" Gus said, still glaring but having lost some of the anger.

"He wanted to see Willow," Luz cut in, "And those are his words, not mine. He said that he wanted to see just Willow, not the team."

Hunter began to panic. "No, I didn't I said I just came to see Willow and the team."

"I'm pretty sure you just said Willow," Luz said with a teasing smile.

Gus watched the two kids argue and smiled. They were just like siblings. They argued until class started, but then quieted down. Right before class started, Hunter passed Gus a note asking him to help surprise the rest of the team. Gus smiled. This would be fun.

Hunter stood still as Gus cast an illusion over him. When he was finished, Hunter looked in the mirror to see an unfamiliar face reflected back. It had brown hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. He was wearing a Construction Coven outfit. He smiled and thanked Gus before grabbing Flapjack and running outside. He saw Luz and Amity talking to Willow on the Flyer Derby field. As he got closer, he was able to hear them.

"Willow, are you sure that you told people about this because there is nobody here," Amity said, looking at her friend, concerned.

"I did, but I guess no one cares," Willow said, dipping her head in disappointment, "it's just like I told Hunter."

"When did you talk to him?" Luz said with a sly smile.

"Over Penstagram a few nights ago," Willow said, beaming, "he was really nice and told me that I was a great captain."

"Aw, they grow up so fast," Luz said motherly.

Hunter chose this moment to make his presence known. "Excuse me, is this where Flyer Derby tryouts are? I'm uh, Jasper and I want to try out." He cringed at the voice that Gus had chosen for him. Why did it have to be high-pitched?

Willow turned and saw him and smiled. "Yes, yes it is. Please come over here." She turned to the rest of the team. "Guys, we have a try-out."

The rest of the team moved forward and introduced themselves but Hunter was just focused on Willow. She looked so happy. He couldn't wait to reveal himself. Willow gathered up the team and told them to set up a try-out. They all flew off on their palismen and began to activate levers and buttons that let the Flyer Derby equipment rise from the ground.

Willow began to speak. "Ok, this drill is simple. All you have to do is get this green flag off of Clover before I get yours."

Hunter nodded and mounted his squid palisman. Why did Gus make it a squid? He shook his head and began to prepare. He rose into the air and waited for the start whistle. When he heard it, he zipped forward and tried to surprise Willow. It didn't work and she dipped under him. He tried again but to no avail. Then, he had an idea. A way to reveal himself and get the flag. He looked at Gus and yelled. "Now."

Gus got the message instantly and dropped the illusion. Willow stopped and stared as "Jasper" turned into Hunter, and was so amazed that she didn't notice him moving towards her until he grabbed the flag and landed on the ground. Hunter looked up at her and smiled.

"So, Captain, do I get a place on the team."

Willow instantly landed Clover and ran towards Hunter. He opened his arms for a hug but she ran past him to Flapjack. She picked up the staff which turned back into a little palismen. She instantly started petting the tiny bird. Hunter looked over, hurt. He heard Amity and Luz laughing at him but ignored them and walked over to Willow. He tapped her on the shoulder and she looked up at him.

"Hi, Captain. You didn't answer my question. Do I get a place on the team?"

Willow jumped up and hugged him. "Of course, you have a spot on the team. I called you our star player for a reason."

Gus decided to break the moment. "Hey, I thought I was the star player?"

Hunter and Willow began to laugh. Gus joined in on the laughter and the hug and the rest of the team followed suit. Afterward, they began their first practice.