First Day

Hunter looked up at the huge building that was Hexside School of Magic and Demonics. His outfit was quite interesting, dressed in his grey cowl and white robes. He pulled his bag further up on his shoulders and entered the building. He had a floor plan, but it still took him a while to find Principal Bump's office.

When Hunter entered, Bump was bent over his desk, writing something. Hunter read a scrap of paper that said something about a Choosy Hat before Bump noticed he was there and sat up. He smiled at the boy and looked him up and down.

"You are the new student from the Toes, correct. Caleb Jasper Bloodwilliams?" Hunter nodded. "Well then, we need to get you ready. So, to start, what track do you want to be in?"

"I want to be in all of them," Hunter said, "as I will be joining the Emperor's Coven when I grow up."

"A couple of months ago, that wouldn't have been possible, but a new student changed my mind," Bump said with a reminiscing smile, "So be it."

Bump made a spell circle and Hunter's clothes began to change. His left arm turned yellow, his right arm turned brown, his left leg turned cyan, and his right leg turned magenta. Hunter looked himself over and smiled. He thanks Principal Bump and set off to his first class: Abominations.

When Hunter walked into the Abominations 101 classroom, he took in the sight of the same teacher that tried to shut down their team. The small demon was being held up by one of his abominations and he was currently looking quite grouchy while doing paperwork. He looked at Hunter in his rainbow outfit and sighed.

"Go sit next to the other overachiever," he said, going back to his paperwork, "Human, raise your hand."

As soon as Hunter heard that name, he stopped. He slowly turned to see Luz smiling brightly with her hand raised in the air and Amity Blight sitting next to her, glaring a hole through him. They both sat at a table in the back. The seat to the right of Luz was empty, so Hunter walked over and sat down. As soon as he did, Luz turned to him and whispered in his ear.

"Hi, bad but sad boy!"

"Don't call me that, human!" Hunter felt that feeling of annoyance coming back. He sat back in his chair and looked across the table at Amity's piercing gaze. "Can I help you, Blight?"

"What are you doing here?" Amity glared at him while wrapping her arms around her awesome girlfriend. "If you're here to hurt Luz or Willow, I'll kill you before you touch either of them. "

"Calm down Blight. I'm not here to fight you or the human and I"m not here to hurt Willow. Why would I do that? She's nice to me, unlike everyone else I know." Hunter looked up at her showing the bags under his eyes. "Look, I'm here on a mission, but that mission isn't going to affect you. So, for the sake of Willow, can we at least try to be cordial. I don't want to fight you both."

Luz's gaze softened. "Ok sad but bad boy, I'll be nice to you."

Hunter smiled as he spoke this time. "Just call me Caleb or Hunter. I'm Caleb Jasper Bloodwilliams, student of every track."

Amity gave him a look. "That was the best you could come up with. Aren't you a teenage prodigy?"

"Aren't you?" Hunter said with a smirk as he gestured at Luz, "And you're dating her."

Luz let out a laugh as Professor Hermonculus silenced the room. He glared at her and began to teach. Hunter found the lesson quite interesting and took diligent notes. As the bell screamed, he began to pack up and looked at his schedule. He had Potions next and so he began the trek to the room. When he arrived, he found that, once again, the only open seat was near Luz. She waved him over and he sat down.

"Hi GG," Luz said with a smile. Hunter looked at her with visible confusion. "GG...Golden Guard?"

"Don't call me that hu-Luz," Hunter said, "I'm on an undercover mission."

"What are you even supposed to do?" Luz said, taking a step back.

"I'm supposed to root out rebels, but I don't really want to," Hunter admitted honestly, "I just came to see Willow."

"Just Willow?" Luz said with a smirk, "Is there something going on here?"

Hunter's face colored as he blushed. "And the team! Willow and the team!"

Luz was about to speak when the Potion's Professor stepped up and silenced the room. Luz gave Hunter a look that said this wasn't over, but he ignored her and tried to pay attention. The lesson was about making a fire extinguishing potion. The potion created a white foamy substance that put out fires. After the professor showed them how to do it, she told them to try it and began to walk around. Hunter had always liked potions because he didn't need magic to do it. He began to mix the ingredients in his cauldron.

Suddenly, he felt something flying towards him and ducked. A ball of paper flew past him and hit Luz in the head. She sighed and kept stirring, but Hunter looked around to see a girl laughing, balling up more paper. She had three eyes, pale pink skin, and hot pink hair. She was wearing a Potions Track outfit and had a crab sitting on her shoulder. Hunter stopped stirring as she threw another paper ball at Luz. Luz heard the ball and ducked, but the ball never reached her. She turned back to see Hunter holding the ball which he had caught. He threw it down and walked toward the girl. When he reached her, she had her hands on her hips and was glaring at him.

"What do you want?" the girl said, "I was just messing with the human. The magicless human. Isn't so funny that she can't do any mag-"

In one move, Hunter summoned his Emperor's Coven staff, disguised as Flapjack, and froze her in place. He got up close to her face to speak.

"You won't bully Luz anymore, right," he said with a snarl, "Or you might just disappear. Understand?"

The girl nodded her head. Hunter released her and dispelled the staff. He walked back to Luz and sat down, resuming stirring his potion. Luz looked at him as he finished stirring his potion and bottled it. The professor came over, looked over the potion, and nodded. Luz grabbed Hunter's arm.

"Why did you protect me?" Luz said, her voice trembling.

"I hate bullies," Hunter said, "especially ones who hate the magicless. Plus, you were nice to me and so was Willow. I feel like I owe it to you."

The bell screamed and Hunter packed up. Time for Construction.