Preface

My lonely and sleepless nights have me thinking about the concept of death as well as how much I both dread and admire it. What kind of place will we find ourselves in once we pass away? Is there a world out there waiting for us, or is it a clear indication that we've reached the end of our voyage? I don't know. No one really knows.

If only the deceased could share their experience of encountering death, then maybe my questions about the world would lessen, and I could sleep well at night thinking that there was an exact answer to my question.

However, after struggling to discover an accurate answer to my query, I constructed a fresh perspective on it. Those questions prompted me to refine my thoughts and led me to the creation of this novel. Perhaps my hopelessness in life made me think about what death feels like. I'd like to believe that the scenario I created in this book is a creative alternative to answering a question no one has ever been able to answer. I'd like this work to comfort me and ease my fear of the unknown.

Although the world is vast, it's odd how my attention was drawn to a subject whose answer is out of reach. Not everyone wants to talk about it because it is a subject that practically all humans are afraid of, and nobody I know is prepared to confront it.

But then again, let me ask this. What will happen to us after we die?