c h a p t e r s e v e n

My ears start ringing as bullets pummel onto the table aswell as basically everything around us. Once the rain of bullets stop, I get yanked out from under the table and brought inside.

I'm panting heavily without a clue of what to do. Alessandros dragging me through the halls and I look to see shrieking families and couples, that's sad they probably just wanted a date night.

A child crying sounds through the room. I look around to see a kid around 5 standing in the middle of the mess and holding his bunny and blocking his ears while bunched up by a seat. Alessandro has loosened his grip on me now knowing I've been following.

Second floor bathroom.

I discreetly slip out of his hand and he fails to notice as he's focusing on his bee line down the stairs. I run to the kid and pick him up before more gunshots echo through the room, progressively getting closer.

I look around and head down a different flight of stairs trying to locate the second floor bathrooms. I'm frantically looking until I see the floor I'm on- 4?! Your joking.

I huff and look at the kid in my arms. He's holding his bunny in between his arm and has his hands on his ears.

I rush down to the second floor holding his hand. Now all I have to do is find the stupid bathrooms.

I can hear people on this floor so out of cautiousness, I'm now crawling among the bloodied bodies on the floor.

Unexpectedly the kid starts wailing, I try shush it but soon come to realisation that it dropped its bunny. Im contemplating. The gunmen would've heard him and started heading to us by now and im in arms length to the bathroom.

Noticing i don't have time for contemplation, I throw the kid onto the tile bathrooms launching myself for the dumb bunny.

Although that ideas cut short by a hunky man in a black outfit standing firmly on the rabbit.

I look up at him from the floor only to get kicked in the face. Two of the others notice there's a survivor and make there way to me aswell.

One of them slams the bathroom door with the kid shut, shit.

"Hey doll, whatcha tryna do?" One of the new ones asks, all his front teeth are yellow and he seems to only have a small ponytail at the back of his head, no other hair.

"The kid.." I respond backing into a wall.

"What about him? He yours? Didn't take you for the mother type" He replies in a snarky tone.

His friend pulls me up by the back of my dress and points a gun to my throat.

"Tell me why I shouldn't shoot you, then your kid right here, right now" the other asks, His breath stinks.

"Cause she's the Italian Princess?" A deep voice speaks up from infront of the elevator.

There was a fucking elevator?

The men turn around and I'm unable to identify the person as they're all to big to see around.

"It'll be a 8 V 3, you really think its wise staying?" The voice demands.

The men quiver before scurrying upstairs, where are they aiming to go? I relax back into the wall and pant heavily.

"Sweetie I'm so sorry, we thought you were following Al and we completely forgot, I'm so sorry, we're so so sorry bambina" I look to to see my mother whispering these things?

That only reminds me of the weeping kid in the bathroom.

I gasp and grab the bunny only to be greeted with staring looks from some of my family members.

"Buddy? The men are gone, I'm gonna come in now okay?" I say through the door.

I open the door and see the boy in a manic state, the bathroom mirrors smashed and his hands covering his ears.

I recall the journey here and notice he's always his hands on his ears. I calm him a little and once he removes his hands I notice the problem. He has hearing aids, they would've started ringing when the gunshots started. I took them out and pocketed them reminding myself to give them to his parents when we find them.

"Emerson? Did you help this child rather then run with us?" Dante asks with a puzzled tone.

I look back and simply nod.

"Emerson! You cannot risk yours and our lives for some stranger, what if that device in his ears were microphone and cameras to scope out locations?!" Dad bombards me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I shriek, "they're hearing aids! Yknow the things that people use to hear when they're not as capable, have you been living under a rock while the worlds adjusted to helping people adapt?" I question wondering if he knows what hearing aids are at all.

"Oh don't get smart with me, I went through hell to get you back from that school- I deserve better then a brat home!" He yells. I stand up, more offended then ever.

"Your joking? You literally had custody over me all you had to do was email, 'i want that one back'!" I argue.

"It was more challenging then you think! With your room, and.. there was just a lot of unsaid planning to get you back, stop fighting!" He yells at me again.

"No! What're you even on about?! You abandoned me and only welcomed me back when a portion of the school caught on fire dad!" I shout walking out of the bathroom.

"I think we're all very tired, shall we discuss this tomorrow?" My mother suggests trying to calm dad.

"No! She's being a brat and she has been since returned" he complains.

"Shut up! Whose to say this isn't my everyday attitude?! You dont know me!" I defend, "of course I know you, your my daughter" he fights.

"Oh? What's my favourite colour? When'd I get my first period? What am I allergic to dad? Please inform me" I ask scoffing.

"Just because I don't know your personal things doesn't mean we aren't family, I've welcomed you home in hopes to restore that part of our relationship why must you always fight?" He queries.

"Cause your wrong dad, you can't accept that what you and your family did" I glance around at some of the family in the room "is wrong on so many levels. I get that mafia wrong and civilised human wrong are two different things but dad.. morals are morals and your family seems to have none!" I say my voice cracking.

He looks at me pitifully. "You left a kid, alone to fight. From having big protective brothers and a happy family to confusion on why she wasn't enough to stay with her family!" I huff walking to the elevator pressing the button to get the compartment to our floor

"the memories won't just go away cause you welcomed me back with open arms, I don't trust any of you anymore and it's damaging whatever relationship your trying to create. When trust is broken sorry means nothing" I state before heading into the elevator going to the first floor.

Once I get to the door I remember that kid, they'll help him right? They gotta.. I put his hearing aids on the front desk before calling and Uber and heading to Daniels.

A/N:
two updates in one day? ik i'm great