3. Yaadon Se Fariyaad 🍁

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

मैनें हर बार तुझसे मिलते वक़्त तुझसे मिलने की आरज़ू की है और तेरे जाने के बाद तेरी खुशबू से गुफ़त्गु की है।

बेकदर होकर भी हम कदर करते हैं, हम ही जानते हैं हम कितना सबर करते हैं।

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Mohsin didn't want to believe her but what else could he say to a stranger.
"Accha chalo yeh toh bata do ki tum padhti kahaan ho?"

Shivangi smiled lightly. Where she knew almost everything about him, he didn't even know that they studied at the same college. She shook her head a little brushing off her thoughts.
"Saraswat University. Science faculty, block-B 3rd year."

"No way! You're in the same university as I am? And the same course too?" Not being able to digest the fact that he never saw her he asked to seek confirmation.

She nodded facing the ground, shuffling her feet.

"How did I never notice you?"
It was more of a question to himself.

A dry and unwanted chuckle escaped her lips.
Mohsin looked at Shivangi a little surprised.
"The most popular boy at the university wouldn't ever notice someone like me. I don't think anyone at college knows me." She looked outside from the shade, to the rain which was washing off the roads and leaving the beautiful fragrance of soil behind it.

He looked at her in utter confusion and distress. She inhaled the essence of the soil and rain when she felt her body relaxing a bit.
"But why? Tum kya koi jaadugarni ho jo koi tumhe dekh nahi sakta issiliye jaanta nahi hoga?" Mohsin joked.

"Baarish ruk gayi hai...mujhe jaana chahiye." She held her books tightly again and rushed away from the bus stop leaving Mohsin even more baffled.

"Main toh bass mazaak kar raha tha...usne dil pe le liya kya?" His brows furrowed. He just wanted to know her now. It wasn't something really important but it surely felt worth it.
______

23rd October

आखिर आज हम मिल ही गए। मन किया समय को रोक लू किसी तरह। मोहसिन पूछ रहे थे अगर मैं कोई जादूगरनी हू क्या, अगर होती तो कब की उन्हें अपना बना चुकी होती। खैर, वो मुझसे मिले और मुझे अच्छा तो लगा। लेकिन शायद उन्हें बहुत अजीब लगा होगा।

(Finally we met today. My heart wanted to stop the time. Mohsin asked me if I'm a magician or something. If I was, I would've made him mine right away. Anyways, we met and I felt like I was engulfed by a piece of heaven. But he must have felt awkward.)
______

Shivangi looked outside, the moon looked beautiful

Shivangi looked outside, the moon looked beautiful. She found a sense of peacefulness at night. The same darkness that once scared her so much had now become her companion. The twilight reminded her of someone. Her gaze shifted towards the photoframe kept on the study table. It was her mother.
Shivangi's only guardian till she was 14 years old. Her mother brought her up with all the love and care she deserved as a child.

One day when she returned home from her tuitions, she entered the house calling out for her maa. She was giggling as she thought Divya, her mother wanted to play hide and seek. Shivangi ran towards the garden behind their house. The ground beneath her feet slipped away.
Divya was lying on the grass with a knife in her hand, her wrist bleeding and a pale face. Shivangi screamed. Her thoughts broke abruptly and she came back to reality. Those painful flashes had been haunting her for years. A set of fresh tears moisted her cheek.
She picked the frame and put it to chest crying uncontrollably, trying to feel her mother close to her.

Now she had become an independent young lady. Paying her university fees and managing her food requirements on her own too. After her mother died she lived with her paternal uncle, Naveen, for 4 years. He had tried to assault her physically but wasn't successful. It could be physical only for people, but for her she was in mental trauma and depression for almost 6 months. The incident had damaged her trust in people. She never wanted to depend on anyone thereafter.
Shivangi moved back to her mother's house. Living to become a doctor someday and make her mother proud.
Reminiscing her terrible past, she fell asleep.
Every new day brings new hopes. And God isn't always unfair.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤