Mikaelson Ball pt4

After entering the room a familiar scent hit my nose. 

Burnt sage

She was doing a privacy spell, why?

"Relax child, it's only sage. I wouldn't want any prying ears to overhear our conversation" she said before gesturing for me to take a seat on the lounge opposite the one she had just sat on. Once I sat down Esther continued speaking: "Would you like some tea?" Esther said referring to the pot she was currently using to pour herself a cup.

"I'll pass" I said coldly not wanting to drag out this interaction any more than needed. Whilst she was distracted with her cup I took the opportunity to cast a quick spell to lit one of the unlit candles in the room to ensure there were no spells used to block my magic.

Esther picking up on my cold demeanour and decided to continue quickly. "It is strange seeing my family together again. As one you know?" she paused looking up from the table to me I nodded for her to continue wanting to hear her full explanation. "After a thousand years on the other side watching Niklaus dagger and undagger his siblings I didn't ever think I would see my family together as one again".

"I can't imagine what that must have been like for you" I said faking empathy hoping that it would stop her from avadakadabra-ing me, if that's what she planned to do.

"I watched each of my children torture and kill thousands of innocents each. Even Elijah with his claim to nobility. Even Finn who only spent a century on this earth before being put in a box by his own brother" she said.

She wants to kill all of them'

 I stopped my realisation from phasing my expression.

"Alexandra" she started, again I tensed at my full name, "I love my family but they are monsters. I have spent the past millennium on the other side feeling the pain of each innocent victim and regretting my decision to make them immortal".

This bitch wants me to kill them

For Fuc-

"Finally Ayana and her ancestors have granted me the power to come back and undo the evil I have created. They only brought me back now as now there is a witch powerful enough to kill all of my children, to undo the spell I did a thousand years ago, to rid the world of vampires for ever"

I swear to god there is no way she is dumb enough to think I'm actually going to help her

"Once I am able to link all of my children together, I would like you to be the one to perform the second part of the spell,  the part which will kill my children".

"Why don't you want do it?" I question, skeptical of her actions.

"I don't have access to that much power, I would have to channel a more powerful bloodline but I figured that if you performed the spell yourself it would prevent any possible... Inconveniences." she said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I question 

if she doesn't stop speaking in riddles I swea-

"I would have to channel a bloodline with two living members but also a bloodline powerful enough to complete the spell. Since your father passed I would need to use the Bennett bloodline and it seems unnecessary to acquire two people when I could use one, don't you agree?" she said smiling at me.

I scoff at her proposal, "Thanks for the offer and all, but I personally like to use my magic for non-murderous activities" I say before replicating her creepy ass smile as I finish speaking.

She then inhales sharply, "Well that is completely understandable." We then both stand and move towards the door. "It was nice to finally meet you Alexandra, I hope to see you again under better circumstances" she said before opening the door for me.

"Same here" I reply before exiting the room, I then walk past Finn and Elena making there way towards the same room I was just in. I then let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "I hate people" I mutter under my breath as I continued to walk around trying to locate the stairs.

"That is possibly the only statement I have heard tonight that I do not need to fake my agreement with" I heard a voice from behind me say. When I spun around I was met with  gorgeous blonde who was leaning out of a room which I had just walked past. She was wearing a dark green dress which complimented her fair skin tone.

WHAT IS WITH ME AND HOT PEOPLE WITH ACCENTS TONIGHT?

not that I'm complaining ...

"What your telling me the 'oh yes', 'tell me more' or the 'I couldn't possibly agree more' whenever some privileged man says something isn't cutting it for you anymore?" I say faking an accent at times to prove my point. A beautiful smile then graced her lips as we made eye contact for the first time. "I'm Lexi, Lexi Carter if you will" I say trying to avoiding re-joining the crowd as much as possible.

"I'm Rebekah, Rebekah Mikaelson if you will" she said, mimicking my tone.

"Ah, another Mikaelson"

"I see you've met my brothers"

"Most of your brothers and your mother"

"Ew, I am so sorry, I promise there are certainly better members of my family, such as myself of course"

"You seem so confident, you sure I won't like one of your brothers more than you?"

"Certain"

"I don't know, Kol definitely had a certain charm about him" I say clearly faking interest.

She then scoffs, "I can guarantee I can charm you better then Kol or any of my brothers could" she says her eyes then clearly scan my body, an even bigger smile crossing her lips as she finishes her 'examination'. "What are you waiting for? Come on." she says before gesturing and disappearing into the room she came out of.