Chapter two

I was off work today and so thought: why not. Let's publish another one quickly. I wanna keep the tension, like oooo what's gonna happen... but, well... It's all written just sitting in a file on my laptop and I wanna archive it online ;-;;; so I have a feeling it'll be daily uploads until the end.

For the other three first years, they had only seen Yuzuha attend morning class once; when it was the first day of class. From that point on she only attended afternoon classes, although if they were in the classroom it was to be expected that she would skip them. They learned as such over time. They didn't know much of their estranged classmate – but they knew that she had a habit of skipping class. It seemed their teacher didn't mind it, in fact he apparently knew why, and so they didn't really question it. She wasn't an approachable person either, so it was hard to get any information out of her.

Anyway, to say that they were astounded to see her waiting in the classroom would be an understatement. It was clear she'd been waiting a while – hell, she had a half finished bento open on her desk that she was snacking on while reading a book.

"Uh- good morning... you're actually attending morning classes for once," Maki said, a drawl to her voice, as she went to take her seat. Of all the students, Maki was the most frustrated by the girl – simply because Maki had thought the girl took being a sorcerer lightly. She skipped class and barely interacted with people outside of Gojo, so she came to the assumption that the girl just didn't care for it – that she was just doing it because she was told to. It wasn't like Yuzuha had explained her circumstances, and so all they could do was form their own judgement based off of what they had seen.

"Mm, I had a change of heart or something." Yuzuha mumbled into the sleeve of her jacket, quickly turning away from the three and occupying her gaze out the window.

"Konbu."

"Are you curious about our new classmate? You wanna see him up close huh, I get it, I get it, his cursed energy is something else." The panda spoke, Yuzuha was over being shocked at the fact she was in a class with an actual panda. She figured the Inumaki kid was saying hello or something, she couldn't understand him for the life of her.

"If you're talking about Okkotsu then I've already met him. 'S not like you're wrong though." Yuzuha answered, much to their surprise. In truth, they hadn't actually heard her speak so many words before – they had her pegged as the same type as Inumaki, although she couldn't curse people with her words. She chose not to speak, but it wasn't as if she wouldn't speak if someone asked her a question or spoke to her in turn.

"Heeeh, is that it? Sounds like debauchery if you ask me," Panda teased, shuffling over to his own desk while trying to hide an obnoxious laugh behind his hand. Paw? Yuzuha could've sworn she saw Inumaki laughing beside him but didn't think much of it.

"Good morning...!" Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Okkotsu opened the door to the classroom, a complete silence following his greeting and the scratch of the door sliding open.

Yuzuha could see the nerves in his body quivering from where she sat in the second row, so she did what she thought was right – she'd have hated being in the position, standing awkwardly and embarrassed waiting for some kind of response. Yeah, so she gave one.

"Good morning. You look happier today." It was a dry response but she meant well even if it didn't come across in her voice. It was true that he looked a little livelier, his eyes when she met them felt a little shinier and more alive than last night's Okkotsu. He even greeted them with a small smile, seemed like he was excited for class – Yuzuha couldn't garner the reason as to why, she dreaded them. Already, four people in a closed room with her was too much, she felt hot. It was sweltering, in fact.