Breaking the Ice

Welcome to my first book!

--- + - E P I G R A P H - + ---

"The other side of waiting is wanting."

― Carolyn Steedman

--- + - S Y N O P S I S - + ---

Luke had always suspected he was gay.

There's a very big difference, however, between thinking you might be gay, and having a pretty boy naked and underneath you in the backseat of his car.

*+*❅*+*

Luke Donovan had always kept his life on a tight leash. Between high school, hockey and helping take care of his family, there was never any room for romance, not that Luke minded. Love looked too complicated, too messy, and like too much damn work. It was all fairytale bullshit, anyways... or so Luke believed.

It was funny, really.

All it took to change Luke's mind was getting laid in the backseat of the car of a boy with big blue eyes, and shrouded in an even bigger mystery.

--- + - D I S C L A I M E R - + ---

This is a work of fiction, and all characters, specific locations, events, and plot points are pulled from the author's imagination. Any resemblance to real-life people, places, or incidents is purely coincidental.

This book is labeled 'MATURE' and contains the following: graphic sexual content, sexual content between two men, direct and indirect references to sexual acts, strong language, homophobic language and actions, references to and descriptions of traumatic events, mild violence, and other potentially triggering content. If this isn't your cup of tea, you might want to find something else to read.

ALL CHARACTERS DEPICTED PERFORMING SEXUAL ACTS ARE ABOVE THE AGE OF CONSENT (18+) IN ACCORDANCE WITH WATTPAD'S NEW COMMUNITY GUIDELINES.

All chapters containing sexual content will be labeled with an *

Please do not distribute, copy, translate, or otherwise use my work without permission! This book is copyrighted, and I put a lot of love into it. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please shoot me a private message. Thank you! :)

--- + - A U T H O R ' S   N O T E - + ---

Now, this is something new.

I've always loved to write. It's an easy, accessible way to let off some creative steam, and Wattpad is the perfect way to distribute my works anonymously, free of the judgment of my friends and family. I've been on the platform a long time, on a separate account where I wrote fanfiction. But I decided, why not try to create something a little more original?

While this isn't my first draft for a completely original story, it's the first one I finished to the point of being comfortable posting. I've put a lot of love into making an engaging, well-written book to post here. The first draft was created in August of 2021 before being promptly dropped due to school eating up all of my time. However, I loved these characters too much to just throw them out, and I eventually picked this project back up. I hope you enjoy the result!

Happy reading! ♡

-tragicvenus

--- + - D E T A I L S - + ---

Y.A. LGBTQ+ Romance
Status: Ongoing

Started: Aug. 23, 2021
Published: Apr. 09, 2022

*+*❅*+*

ᶜᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵖʰᵒᵗᵒ ᵇʸ ᴷᵉˡˡᶦ ᶜˡᶦⁿᵗᵒᶜᵏ ᵒⁿ ᵁⁿˢᵖˡᵃˢʰ
ᶜᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵈᵉˢᶦᵍⁿ ᵇʸ ᵗʳᵃᵍᶦᶜᵛᵉᵘⁿˢ ᵒⁿ ᵂᵃᵗᵗᵖᵃᵈ

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵖʰᵒᵗᵒ ᵇʸ ᴬᵘᵗʰᵘʳ ᴱᵈᵉˡᵐᵃⁿˢ ᵒⁿ ᵁⁿˢᵖˡᵃˢʰ