Chapter 9

{A/n: Hey everyone Roach here with another chapter! DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own RWBY!}

*Menagerie*

American and Canadian soldiers were currently making preparations for the upcoming peace talks between Menagerie, America, and Canada. Aria was currently at the base the Americans and Canadians set up around the portal. The portal was enclosed in a large steel dome that was larger then a small building and wider then 2 cargo trucks parked side by side. The portal was large enough for a C-5 Globemaster cargo jet to go through if it's wings and tail were temporarily removed and remounted after passing through. Several aircraft that were brought through the portal all had to have had their wings removed to be brought through and some helicopters had to have their rotors removed but the US and Canadian militaries managed to get them through. Currently the American airforce have about 88 F-15 Eagle Fighters, 30 F-16 Falcon Multi role Fighters, 30 A-10 Warthog Attack Aircraft, 40 C-130 Hercules Cargo planes, 40 C-5 Globemasters. As for helicopters there were about 35 AH-64 Apache Helicopters, 30 MH-6 Little Birds, 25 CH-47 Chinooks Helicopters, and 40 MH-60 Blackhawks. As for Canadian Aircraft there were 30 CF-18 Hornet Fighter jets and a few other service aircraft, as for helicopters. There were at least 10 CH-148 Cyclone Transport and 40 CH-146 Griffon transport Helicopter. 

Currently though the Aria was helping with the planning for the Peace talks. As they were to be happening in a week from today. The meeting had just finished up and Aria had been hired by General Mitchell and General Tremblay as security for the escort mission to Menagerie along with helping the 141 provide security for them. As the briefings and planning has been finished up for the day Aria was walking around the base heading to the exit as Dusty walked with her. As the two walked their was a quiet air around them until Aria spoke up. "Hey Dusty can I ask you something?" She asked and he looked at her. "Depends on the question!" He replied and she nods. "I remember you and Fernandes talking about this group called Congress passing a bill about Faunus being permitted to become US Citizens! Can they really do that?" She asked and Dusty nodded. "Yeah they can. Congress are the ones who decide if bills become apart of American law or not! If so then the President signs the Bill making it part of the law." Dusty explained and she looked at him. "This is kinda confusing, you know?" She replied and he nodded with a smile. "Yeah it was a pain in the ass to learn back when I was in school!" He replied with a laugh and she raised an eyebrow. "But of you're interested I can give you some books and info on it if you'd like." He replied and she nodded. "Sure." She replied smiling.

After that Dusty went and got her several books on the history of America and how it's laws work. After she returned back to town she went to her house where she started to do research on America. She was surprised by some of the stuff she read and some of the stuff happened in US history. She wound up staying up all night reading and the next day when she headed to the base she looked tired. "Aria are you okay? You look really tired!" Dusty said to her. "I stayed up reading everything you gave me!" She replied and Dusty looked at her surprised. "Seriously?!" He asked and she nodded. He then sighed and rubbed his head. "Come on. Let's get you some coffee." He said and she nodded. The two of them then headed to the lounge area of the base since they had some time before the briefing. Dusty made two cups of coffee and gave her a cup. "Thank you!" She said and Dusty nodded as he sat across from her. "Everything that's happened in your country's past! How can you serve a country like that?" She asked and Dusty looked at her while taking a sip from his coffee and after he put his cup back onto the table he began to speak. "It's true the US has a lot of sins in it's past and there's been a lot of blood spilled on her soil! However the reason I joined the army is because I want to preserve the same peace and prosperity my Great Grandfather, Grandfather, and father all fought for." Dusty said and she raised an eyebrow. "Despite how your country treated other people?" She asked and he nods. "Yeah. I know the American government and the people weren't exactly kind to them in the past but I think we've atoned for some of the past by giving them the chance to live however they please in this modern age!" Dusty said and she raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" She asked. 

"Well America has a lot of opportunities for people. You could become a business owner and work for yourself or become a police officer and help people in your neighborhood! What ever they decide they have the freedom to do so! They even choose who runs their government and who is the President by voting. Don't get me wrong America is far from perfect but it's up to her people and the people around them to shape it into the country it can be!" He said to her and she looked at the table deep in thought. "Besides who knows! Now that we know about Faunus and are trying to make peaceful ties with Remnant there might just be a Faunus President in the future!" He added and she looked at him and smiled before nodding. "Here's hoping!" She said holding up her mug and Dusty smiled and did the same before taking a sip of his coffee.

{And done with another chapter! I completed this chapter faster then I thought I would so here's an update today! Until the next update!}

For reference this is to show the size of a C-5 Globemaster.