Prologue

It's Sunday evening and I spent all day with Amy and Nathan. My parents told me I had to be home early this morning when I left, so now I'm home and they aren't. I huff and plop down on the couch just turning on Disney channel. I yell out to my sister "Alaysha you wanna come watch Disney with me, wizards of Waverly place is on" next thing I know her hear her running down the hall. She sits next  and says "duh you know it's my favorite"we just laugh a little and focus on the show, little did we know our lives would be flipped upside down in a matter of minutes.

Ok now let me tell you about my family, my sisters and I are all three years apart which is weird because my oldest sister is my step sister, but has been there since I was 3 so I basically just consider her my sister, and the guy I call my dad is my stepdad but same concept applies with him. We move a lot so I my sisters were my only friends that is until we moved to Chattaroy and my parents promised me we wouldn't move again.

I get snapped back into reality when my parents walk through the door with our eldest sister and yell out "girls are you home" we respond to them "yeah just in the living room". My parents walk in with this look of guilt and sadness on their face, my sisters Nina follows behind them looking sad. I ask "is everything ok." my dad starts out "girls we have some news." "I know we promised we wouldn't do this to you girls again." Mom says looking at me. Don't say it don't say it I repeat in my head as I feel tears building up in my eyes. "It's just an opportunity I just couldn't turn down girls, I feel so bad for doing this to you." dad tells us "how long and where this time." Alaysha pipes up "we'll be moving to Nebraska." Dad responded "we will leave at the beginning of summer." mom tells us "you promised me and I trusted you I finally found friends and finally feel like I belong how could you do this to me." I cry out "we are very sorry baby girl but this is whats better of the family." dad tells me " what about what's better for us we are happy here and you know she already has issues making friends and once she finally makes some good ones your gonna rip her away from them." Alaysha says "we are very sorry and we love you girls but this isn't a discussion." Mom tells us

I stand up still crying and go to my room. I can't believe they would do this to me they promised I'm in a good spot, I have friends who care about me like they always wanted for me. Now they are taking it all away from me, I come to the realization I have to tell Nate and Amy I'm moving to Nebraska and I won't even be able to stay for summer.

Im just laying in my bed taking in the past hour when I get a knock on my door "Alyissa are you ok can I come in." I hear Alayshas voice on the other side of the door I get up and open it "yeah come in." I say softly to her "I know this is gonna be hard for you but don't forget you'll always have your big sister." She smiles at me I hug her "thank you but I don't wanna be the lame kid who is always hanging around her older sister and her friends." I respond "I know it'll be hard at first but I bet you'll make friends who knows but we should try and get some sleep we do have school tomorrow." She tells me as she heads for the door "ok good night laysha." I say to her "good night lill sis." She says to me.

As I drift off to sleep I think about what an amazing summer Nate, Amy , and I would've had if my parents didn't drop this bomb.

~The next day after school~
Me, Amy, and Nate are walking to the buss, and they are just going on about random stuff. I am completely zoned out thinking about what happened last night "aly.. aly.. hey aly are you ok you haven't said much all day." Nates voice pulls me out of my thoughts "oh Um yeah.. actually no guys I have something to tell you." "and before you say anything yes it's about the conversation my parents wanted to have last night." I say to them "what happened you know you can tell us anything." Amy says to me with a smile "well I'm moving to Nebraska." I blurt out their smiles drop.