𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"How's it going with Kiara?" jj asked john b as they hid behind some stuff.

"It's not awkward, weird, or anything." john b lies.

"Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me." jj said honestly.

"What?" john b asked his best friend.

"I was 100 percent sure she was into you. Pope would agree." jj says.

"Ehh..." pope replies.

"So, like, Kie, she, like, definitely gave you the Heisman?" jj dismissed popes comment.

"Oh, no question. Yup." john b said.

"Gotcha." jj chuckled.

"Maybe she's just into somebody else." pope mumbled, before john b hit an idea.

"hey jj, what about you and claire, huh?" john b smirked.

"what?" jj's face turned hot red.

pope smirked and joined in the conversation.

"in the van you were all like, 'oh claire!' and you had your arm around her and everything." pope said.

"she has a boyfriend, she'll never like me back." he said, after a moment his eyes widened in realization.

"dude." john b said.

"i didn't-" jj was cut off by pope.

"you just admitted it! you like her!" pope gasped.

--

"It's just this back one right here." kiara pointed to the tire.

claire looked towards the boys and made eye contact with john b. she nodded, giving them the signal to go.

"I mean, it must've been a slow leak or something." claire told the guard.

"Go! Go, go, go, go." the boys whispered and ran through the closing gate.

"Been sitting in the yard too long?" the older man asked.

"Yeah." claire shrugged.

"Yeah, I... I got this." the man stuttered as he checked claire out again.

"Thank you." kie out on the fakes smile ever, as she noticed how uncomfortable her friend was.

--

"Do you have the right numbers?" pope asked after jj had put in the code at least three times.

"all right, so I might have the wrong numbers." jj admitted.

"ah, damn it!" john b groaned.

suddenly a dog ran towards them and started barking like crazy, definitely getting the attention of everyone within a one mile radius.

"Oh! Hey!" jj gasped at the sight of a german shepherd.

"That's a cougar. Never mind." john b said and ran away.

"Hi! No, stay there! Good boy. No, you're okay!" pope started talking to the dog.

"Pope, run!" jj yelled at his friend.

"Back off! Back off! Back off!" pope said, ignoring jj, and swinging a pole at the dog.

jj facepalmed and grabbed a red fabric from his pocket. he dangled it in the air and got the dogs attention.

"I got a toy, boy!" he yelled. when the dog started coming towards him he got scared, "Wait, no. I was just kidding. Shit! Okay, sit!" he screamed as he ran through the yard.