Part 1: Athy Debut

Jennette pov:

We were at the princess debut when my uncle Roger Alpheus pulled me to the side.

He told me that I was meeting my father and sister today! I was very excited to finally meet them and complete the dream I always wanted for so long.

We were finally in front of the emperor, my soon-to-be father!

I saw his face to be cheerful but I just saw a cold glare staring at me and my uncle. I was scared of what to say or do.

"If I mess up now... their wont be a next time.' I said to myself looking down at the floor.

My uncle and soon-to-be father were talking, when I suddenly heard my name being mentioned.

I kept looking at the floor when I suddenly saw some pink heels not far away from us. I looked up to see the beloved princess of the empire, my soon-to-be sister. She looks amazing in that dress, including her luscious golden hair that flows so elegantly around whenever she dances, her rosy cheeks, and her lovely jewel eyes that's shining so brightly amongst my jewel eyes.

'How come I don't have any of those features except my jeweled eyes?! How is my hair brown if the emperor and the princess are blonde to perfection??' I said to myself biting my lips.

I soon saw the princess's face, she looks shocked as if she a ghost. She also began to bite her lips.

'Did I do something? Perhaps, does she not want me to be her sister?' I thought to myself, looking sad again.

I suddenly got spooked when someone touched me. I looked to see my uncle touch my shoulder and present me.

"Jennette, why don't you take off your ring?" He said smiling away.

I nodded slightly and took my ring off. It changed my green eyes to jewel-like eyes.

The nobles and the castle employees were shocked to see another person have royale jewel eyes.

I looked around to see people whispering to one another and giving me cold faces. I was a bit nervous to say anything so I let my uncle talk.

"This is your second daughter from my cousin, Penelope Judith." He said

The emperor just looked at him shocked to hear that name. He gritted his teeth and gave both of us cold stares.

I then looked back down at the floor quickly to avoid that cold glare.

'Does he not want me? I'm also his daughter." I said while biting my lips again.

____

Athy pov:

I was looking for daddy when I saw him with a guy and a brunette-haired girl. Roger Alpheus and Jennette Margarita... I was shocked but I knew this day would come. I bit my lips and turned away.

'Why...why couldn't it just be a day with no problems being caused.' I said to myself fiddling with my fingers.

I was eating food when I heard people gasp. I went to see what happened, I was also shocked to see her jewel eyes.

I saw papa also shocked. Is he gonna replace me with someone he hasn't seen in his life?

I bit my lips harder when I felt blood dripping from my lips. I saw my father look at me with a shocked face and turned his head back to the girl and the guy who brought her.

I saw his mouth open, and the guy and girl were shocked to hear what my father said.

'What did he say to them?" I said curiously.

I soon saw the guy pulling the girl behind him along with a child who looks similar to him to the front gates.

I saw them leaving.

I turned my head and saw my father coming closer to me.

"Why were you biting your lips so hard a few minutes ago." He said

"Ah- Uhm..."

'I didn't know what to say I said to myself looking at him.

"If it's about that girl, then no I'm not taking her in." He said patting my head.

I looked at him shocked, 'Why doesn't he want Jennette? Well I mean I'm his daughter but it would be nice to have another companion.' I thought to myself.

I smiled a bit knowing he won't abandon me. He asked to dance with me first and I accepted his request.
_____

Jennette pov:

I was shocked to hear him refuse to take me in. 'Well I mean I'm not his real daughter but it would've been nice to have a complete family...' I said saddening.

I felt a tug and it was my uncle doing it, he looked at me with despise. 'He probably thinks I'm a failure and I couldn't be a good use of the item for him.' I said while getting pulled to the front gates, along with Ezekiel following behind us.
- - - - - - -

We were finally back at my uncle's estate. I looked at my uncle who was still holding my left hand and pulling it inside.

I saw Ijekiel give me a sad face and then went upstairs. I was scared of what gonna happen to me. Will he put me back into that dark room like last time? Either way, I'm scared of what gonna happen.

He then looked at me and said some words out of his filthy mouth. "You ignorant child! If only you were born with blonde hair, then maybe it would have worked!" He said tightening my left hand.

Tears formed on my face, "P-please... Let go of my hand, it hurts" I said my voice cracking, and tears falling to my cheeks. He let g and told me to never step out of my room.

I nodded and went upstairs to my bedroom. I was about to close the door when I saw Ijekiel outside. I was confused but also angry that I didn't wanna talk to him right now.

He asked if he could do inside and talk for a bit. I hesitated, but let him in since he took care of me whenever I was hurt or punished by uncle.

Both of us sat on the couch, and there was nothing but silence. He looked at me and said, "I'm sorry about that Jennette... I know you shouldn't be used as a tool to get more status." He said looking down at the floor.

I looked at him and said, "Its not your fault, beside I'm used to being a tool for uncle Roger." I said. He looked at me and gave me a big hug, I hugged back.

After few minutes of hugging Ijekiel was about to leave when he was about to say something else.

"Oh one more thing, you should leave right now cuz I think I heard my father getting assassin to come get you." He said, as his voice was getting tense.

I looked at him shocked but nodded. He then gave me a goodbye hug and hoping they will meet again in the future.

I said they we will meet again, but not now. I saw him close the doors and heard his footsteps getting father and father away.

'Ill sure miss him...' I said before looking around my room to take on my trip to leave this place.

I got a luggage (idk where) and started to pack all of my clothes and shoes into the luggage. I also packed a few stuff animals in my bag.

I looked inside my drawers, and saw some money I was saving, Incase I wanted to leave. I took the money and rushed out my door tip toeing throughout the hallway.

I saw some dark figures but couldn't tell if it was a maid or an assassin that Ijekiel told me about. I quickly hid inside a open room and waited for the footsteps to get father away.
_____

I'll update again later <3

_____

Bruh I forgot I made this story 🤦🏽‍♀️