Part 2: Assassins

I hid inside the closet while both my hands sealed my mouth shut. I heard the assassin's footsteps stop at my door before they opened it up.

I looked through the small crack of the closet to see what they were doing but it was too dark and the only light that was shining through the room was the moonlight which didn't help that much but it was able to cast the shadows of the assassins.

They looked around before lighting up the candles in the room to see better before looking around. One of the assassins looked at the closet where I was hiding in.

The assassin was heading toward the closet while I scoot back farther inside the closet, I closed both my eyes and held my mouth with my hands. The Assassin was about to open the closet door when the other assassin called him over.

He stopped opening the door and went to where his assassin friend was. I opened my eyes which still hasn't adapted to the dark and went back to the small crack where a bit of light was shining. I looked through the small crack trying to see what was happening but I couldn't see anything nor the assassin who was in there.

I carefully opened the closet and peeked my head out to see if they were still near. I didn't find anyone inside so I carefully got out of the closet and towards the door to my hiding room.

I slightly opened the door to take a peek outside the room, when I heard people talking up the hallway.

I heard them say something but I couldn't tell since they were a bit far away from the room. I saw one of the assassin's faces, they had a neck gaiter mask and a black hoodie covering their body but the cause of the light from the candle, it showed barely the face of a young girl or boy, Jeannette couldn't tell but they had a big scar across their left eye. He looked about the same age as Ezekiel

'He hired a young assassin to kill me!?' Jeannette thought a bit frightened.

I saw them stop talking to each other and began walking the other way, far away from my hiding room. I sighed in relief and began to get my luggage under the bed. I paused when I realized that I can't escape from the front, since there night time guards patrolling.

I looked around for a weapon but found nothing useful, I almost gave up when I saw a shadow from the balcony. I froze thinking if it was the young assassin from earlier, I stood up from the bed and went into a stance, but the thing is I don't know how to defend myself from anything...I usually spent my time playing with my dolls...ehe...

It would've been easy to see who the person was since the moonlight was shining on them, but cuz of the thick curtain blocking the person's face, I couldn't tell if it was the person with the scar. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
                        <<<<A/N>>>>

I'm pretty lazy these days and school starts in a few more days... *distress sigh* summer went by so fast!!! 😭

Anyway, imma upload part 3 on September 4 cuz why not 🤷🏽‍♀️