Prolonged Winter

"What is your name, Child?" The Old man asked.

The Young Deity glanced at Nicklaus with an astounded expression on his face. 

Right now, they were currently on their way to Old man's new home. After paying their respects to the dead, Nicklaus invited him to his home. It was only out of curiosity, but Winter decided to follow Nicklaus.

Winter's eyes were fixedly eyeing the Old man. 

Nicklaus is the first mortal to ask his name. 

Not even Thanatos asked him for his name, he neither called the Young deity by his name. Other than that, people have already known his name since he was born, there was no reason for him to be asked for his name from the very beginning.

In fact, According to Thanatos. Humans are the ones who named him Winter.

To be asked for his name was something new.

Not unknown but new to him.

This mortal named 'Nicklaus' must be dumb for not noticing that. It was impossible for a Mortal not to notice that Winter is the Deity of the last season, after all, the Young Deity's appearance is very unusual. 

His appearance was the flesh of Winter. 

He is the Deity of the Winter after all.

Nicklaus smiled at the view of the Young Deity who was blankly staring at him, it was as if the Young Deity is wondering about something. 

"Did you forget your name?" Nicklaus teased with a warm smile on his face. The Old man was patiently waiting for Winter's answer, but the unusual expression on the Young Deity's face is adorable.

If he only has a grandson like this child...

Winter blinked his eyes when saw the warm smile on the Old man's face. Once again, Winter gave Nicklaus a confused gaze. He retracted his gaze when he remembered the question from the Old man.

Winter groaned.

How could he forget his name when a lot of people are mentioning it when they were cursing at it? 

His name is Winter.

"I don't forget my name," The Young Deity mumbled with a muted tone. "My name is Winter, I was named by the Humans."

At last, After a hundred years.

Winter finally uttered his name.

Nicklaus stopped walking when he heard the child's name. His eyes went to Winter's snow-white hair and silver eyes, the child's skin is pale like snow, but his silver eyes were full of innocence.

Like a child.

Winter, huh.

it is the name of the Season that appeared hundred years ago. Many people cursed at this season for its cruel coldness that brought deaths to many people. The appearance of Winter was like Death visiting himself.

Winter, the unwelcomed season.

If humans don't know how to adapt, Mortals will cease to exist.

"Winter..." The Old man mumbled as he raised his head. Nicklaus opened his palms while watching the snowflakes fall from the sky. "Season of Death. People will think that it was a tragic name," he mumbled.

Winter remained silent.

It seems like this Old Man knows his identity...

"But you know..." Nicklaus paused before returning his gaze to the Young Deity. "I think I like Winter."