Chapter 4

Harrys POV

"Bro, you good?"

Ricks voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Hm? Yes, yeah sorry," I blink rapidly to bring myself back from where I had to drifted off to.

I had been getting lost in my thoughts too many times this past week. I was beginning to get annoyed at myself for how many times I'd found myself daydreaming about her. About Allie. I kept replaying the conversation we'd had that night, catching up on the last 7 years. She was so happy, I could see that. She got everything she wanted, everything she had planned when I knew her. She used to keep me up late at night when we were young, talking about her ideas for shop fronts and menu items she was going to sell when she finally bought her own little store. In return, I'd bore her to death about the places I'd get to travel and perform when the band got big. Only, I knew she never got bored of listening to me. Just like I never got bored of listening to her talk about her dreams. It was nights like those I'd missed most and when I saw her last week, it was like I got a small piece of that back. That was until the perfect boyfriend came bounding through the door and ruined it all. I never saw Al ending up with someone like him. So prim and proper. It was obvious he came from a family who had old money. He was probably a big shot in a fancy office in London, never having to do any real work because he was probably handed everything on a silver plate. He was the only reason I hadn't been back to the shop since last week. I wanted to go and see her, I really did. I even made multiple attempts but only getting as far as the shop door before I'd pussy out or get recognised and stopped by fans. But something stopped me, almost like a fear of ruining the perfect life she'd built for herself. Then again, I didn't even know if she wanted to see me again.

"You're doing it again," Rick said waving his hand in front of my face to get my attention back.

I shook my head.

"I'm sorry man, I don't know what's wrong with me," I lie. We were in the studio, about to start testing out some stuff I'd been working on. Rick let his guitar hang from the strap whilst he chugged on his bottle of water.

"Thinking about something?" he asked.

I scoffed fiddling with the strings on my guitar.

"Someone."

"It isn't that leggy brunette I saw sneaking out this morning before breakfast, is it?"

Shit.

"You heard that?" I laughed. I wasn't embarrassed. Rick had said he didn't care if I had people over but I still wasn't going to invite her to breakfast.

"Mate, it was like a bull in a China shop! Someone wearing tin cans as shoes and bells around their neck would've been quieter sneaking out!"

I chuckle. He wasn't wrong. I'd met her at the club I found myself in after meeting up with some old friends in London last night. I complimented her on her dress and she'd clung to me for the rest of the night dancing with me and insisting I take shots. She was pleasant enough but the both of us weren't after anything serious so I escorted her out before Rick had woken up. Or so I thought.

I gripped my own guitar to me from where I was seated on an equipment box. The rest of the band were slowly arriving one by one, setting up their own instruments and busying themselves with light conversation.

"You must be Nora!" I hear Kris, our pianist, say. I look up to see our newest member being greeted by the rest of the guys.

I stand up, placing my guitar on the stand so I can head over to welcome her. She's a beautiful girl with dainty features and long blonde hair. Her ripped jeans and vans are paired with an oversized checkered shirt and a black beanie. I was in awe when I watched her audition that morning. I could tell she was passionate about music and the drums. I knew right away she had waited for this for a long time.