iii.

INCLEMENT WEATHER
season 2, episode 2

' the biggest threat to us is you '

THE SOUND OF MUSIC PLAYING ON A RADIO IS HEARD FROM BESIDE ME

THE SOUND OF MUSIC PLAYING ON A RADIO IS HEARD FROM BESIDE ME. i wrote in a diary on my bunk. i then look up at the entrance and see miller.

"miller!"

"look who finally got released." jasper said. i walk up to miller and gave him a hug.

"i'm glad you're okay." he hugged back.

"yeah. it only took, what, three surgeries?" he asked looking at maya. clarke gets up off her bunk and greets miller.

"i hear you're fitting right in." miller says. clarke then squints her eyes and looks at maya. silence fills the room.

"twice a day. don't forget. he'll be okay in a few days. here." maya hands miller a bag and broke the silence.

"thanks." miller grabs the bag. i sat back down on my bunk and pulled out my notebook. just as i was about to write something an alarm starts blaring. i look up and furrow my brows.

"hey, what's going on?" clarke jumps off her bunk and stops maya from walking any further. i get up and look at her.

"that signal means a surface patrol is back, and someone needs medical attention. i have to go to quarantine." she walks away. jasper comes from behind her, clarke tries to walk away but jasper stops her.

"hey, clarke. what are you doing?" jasper asked.

"maybe they found survivors." clarke says, my eyes widened thinking that maybe bellamy was found.

"if our people are hurt, we have a right to know." clarke finishes.

"pretty sure we shouldn't go wandering around." jasper tried to say but clarke ran off. we go after her and follow behind her.

"what are we dealing with?" maya asked a man as we ran over to her.

"they were attacked. one dead in room 2. the other took off his gloves and mask to treat him. he's in decon." the man says as they put on hazmat suits.

"he'll need treatment."

"who attacked them?" clarke asked the man.

"what are they doing here?" the man looked at maya. clarke takes a man key card and runs to open the door.

"hey, stop it's not safe!"

"it is for us!" clarke says as the lock turns green.

"let's go, jasper and athena." she walks through the door. i stand behind jasper and look back at them.

"someone's gotta keep her out of trouble." jasper says as we run after her. we run into the halls and see the bright white rooms again.

"clarke, slow down!" i yelled at her.

"stop pushing so hard. these people are—" i stop as we enter a room.

"are lying to us." clarke runs to the body and examines it.

"that's a bullet wound. grounders don't use guns." my face falls straight.

"unless the grounders got the guns from us." jasper breaths out.

"i don't think so." clarke says.

"i think our people are alive out there." clarke says. the doctor who told me the news walks in a hazmat suit.

"get them out of here!" she orders. other doctors bring in a man who had burns and just looked over all terrible. i furrow my brows as they carry him in.

-

clarke walks back into the dorms. i walk up to her and stand by her side.

"what did dante say?" i questioned her quietly.

"he showed me shawn's body. it looked like an arrow wound." clarke says leaning against a wall.

"maybe cause it is an arrow wound?" i raised a brow.

"or that's what they want us to think." clarke says. i furrow my brows and look down at the floor.

"what? they could've doctored it." clarke widens her eyes.

"clarke, you sound like a crazy person why do you wanna screw this up? we have everything we could've ever asked for." i whisper yelled.

"i don't know what this is." she looked around.

"this is safe. this is food, a real bed, clothes." i look at her.

"also my personal favorite, not getting speared by grounders." jasper says at his bunk, that we were next to.

"look clarke, how long do you think they'll let us stay if you keep this up?" i say.

"did someone threaten you?" she got closer to me. i furrow my brows as my mouth hangs open a little.

"no. no, it's common sense. look, we're guests here, not prisoners. what would you do with a guest who kept calling you a liar?" i asked her.

"id kick their ungrateful ass out." jasper says while he reads a book.

"right now, the biggest threat to us is you." i look at her and walk back to my bunk.

-

i sat in the dinning hall joking and playing around with atom. i haven't been this fully loose and free since we got on the ground.

"i don't wanna ruin the mood or anything but do you think the others are still out there." he asked. i looked away, having a clear image of bellamy roam my mind.

"yeah of course i do. i mean i have my doubts but it's better then fully believing that bellamy and the others are gone." i nod my head. i look at clarke and see her sitting alone.

"have you talked to clarke about all this?" he questioned.

"i haven't fully spoken to her about bellamy and finn but i might have told her to stop acting like an ungrateful ass, so now we're probably in a fight." i laugh.

"i wish i had a sibling." atom sighs.

"no, it's terrible." i joked while stuffing food into my mouth.

"i'm kidding. you know there's some good parts to it but then there's times where you feel the need to protect one another or just wanna cuss one another out. don't get me wrong, i love clarke. but there's definitely some moments where i've thought about being the only child." i furrow my brows.

"like now?" he looked at me.

"i'm not mad at her, she just gets on my nerves sometimes. we've found this perfect place and she could destroy it all in a second." he nods his head in agreement.

"so, what movie are we watching tonight?" i smile.