Man Without Love (Moonknight)(Marc/Steven)

Spoilers!! I guess?

Summary
Steven meets Y/n L/n, a woman thousands of years old, though she looks as old as Steven on the outside. Y/n is Marc's lover from before he died.
Y/n tells him a secret she's been keeping ever since that dreadful day.

_______________________________________

"For millennia, he was living inside my head. I guess he was waiting for the right person and I was the bridge between the two sides of a river. He told me that once he found the right being, he'd leave me alone. But...I...i still feel like he's still there. Or, at least, a small part of him. I know he's now with you and Marc" Y/n said, before taking a sip of tea.

Steven was taken aback. "S-sorry, millennia? He was in your head for that long? I- I don't know how you did it, I can't even survive three days with him and Marc in my head all the time" He told her, rubbing a hand over his tired eyes.

Y/n tilted her head slightly as she admired him from across the kitchen table. Even though he looked like he'd been through it all in the last few days (Which was true), Steven looked better than she did. Not counting that she was thousands of years old and still looked 26.

"And you're saying you're the first person Khonshu went for?" He asked, Y/n nodding in response.
"But I thought Arthur was the first-"

Suddenly Y/n's eyes darkened, glaring into Steven's soul."Arthur....Arthur Harrow? What have you been up to with that snake?" She stood up, leaning her hands on the table, like she interrogating him.

"Uh, nothing! Nothing, he's just been in my nightmares and today he was on my bus and then he followed me to work and then he started saying I have chaos inside me. I don't know! I don't know what's going on with me! I don't even know what he wants-" Steven's rant was interrupted as Y/n's eyes softened.

"He wants Marc, he wants Khonshu. I.....This has happened before, before they went to you, before Marc got resurrected, before you met any of these people. I know because it was me, he came to. Saying my mind was corrupted: that he could and would help me. He tried to take the one thing keeping me on my toes. And...And I couldn't let go of him. I couldn't let go but I had to, and now Marc is living off you" tears welled up in her eyes. "It's my fault Marc died in the first place" She whispered, hate for Arthur as well as hate for herself laced her voice.

She gently sat back down, shoulders slumping in defeat. "I ruined your life and destroyed Marc's. And neither of you deserve it" She said, regrettably.

Steven stood and was about to walk towards her when Marc spoke. "Steven" Steven looked towards the mirror in the bathroom. Steven stopped moving as he looked at Marc's saddened eyes. He knew what Marc wanted, and for the first time, he obeyed.

Steven's eyes rolled back before he stood up straight. Marc looked down at the crying woman. Her face hidden in her hands as she cried for the first time in years, her emotions overwhelming her.

"Y/n" Marc called softly, his changed accent made Y/n's head quickly lift up. She jumped up out of her chair, gasping, beginning to back away from Marc. "Hey...Hey, it's alright" He tried to calm her.

Y/n had never cried around Marc, never got too emotional. It hurt too much that now he saw her, the most vulnerable she could be.

As he slowly stepped forward, she tried to stop him with words.
"Marc, no. Don't come any closer, I-I don't know what will happen and I don't want you to get hurt again" Despite her words, Marc continued walking until he was right infront of her, her back hitting the wall as she backed into it.

"Lonely is a man without his love" He whispered, gently raising his hand to brush hair away from her face. She closed her eyes, breathing calm as she relished in the feeling of his soft touch. "I missed you, Y/n...so much" He whispered some more.
"Please, don't ever say that my death was your fault, because it wasn't. It was my love for you that gave me another life to live. And I am happy I get to see you again. You are my love, my Sun and my life" He smiled.

Y/n gently opened her eyes to gaze into his love filled ones. "Marc? I missed you so much" She said, rushing to give him a hug. He immediately returned the embrace, resting his head on top of hers.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't do anything-"

"It's alright, love. I'm here now. I'm here" He calmed her, pressing a kiss to her head. He caressed her cheek before lifting his gaze to the mirror in the bathroom.

Steven gave him a smile as he looked at the couple, happy they were reunited. But it also made him feel sad, in a way. He had never really experienced love and he longed to give it a try. All he needed was someone to love him back. He knew Y/n and Marc wouldn't always get to be together, physically speaking, as Steven still had his own life to work on.

Steven hadn't realised his gaze had dropped to the floor and his smile had faltered until Marc and Y/n pulled out of the hug, gazing in to each other's eyes like they held the secrets of the universe inside. Y/n slowly lent forward, beconing Marc to do the same until their lips met in a gentle but passionate kiss.

Meanwhile Steven hugged himself, eyes watering as his gaze fell to the ground again. He knew things between him and Y/n were only platonic, but he couldn't stop his heart from believing there was something more than friendship between them. Maybe it was just because he looked like her lover from another life.