Chapter 2

Jack's POV

Once in the safety of our lair, Pitch curled his long fingers into my hair, yanking my head back to kiss me roughly.

The sudden action caught me off guard and I struggled to catch my breath, panicking momentarily. Pitch finally pulled away only to shove me back against the wall.

The impact sent a wave of pain throughout my body and I groaned. Pitch was on me within a second, pressing himself close to me, his hands everywhere.

I never liked this side of Pitch. He scared me when he got like this, which was most often right after we had fought.

I cringed when Pitch's lips left another bruise on my neck, trying to shake off the roiling fear in my stomach. I felt like I was going to be sick.

But that was selfish, right? I owed it to him. It was the least I could do for the man who had done everything for me. It was my fault that he was unhappy in the first place. It's the least I could do to make sure he's happy with this.

Pitch groaned lowly and grinded into me, pushing me farther back into the wall. The noise soared straight through my soul and panic overtook me.

I didn't want this. I didn't want him. I needed to get away.

I pushed Pitch away weakly and a few noises of discomfort escaped my throat, which seemed to be stuck with fear.

Pitch practically snarled, slamming his hand onto my throat. His grip was tight and I struggled to breath under the weight of it. I tried to pry his hands off, but he was too close to me. All I could do was stare, terrified, into his golden eyes.

"Just shut up and do the one thing you're actually good at." He spat.

The words cut deep and I could feel the heat behind my eyes. I shoved the feeling down, though, and tried to put on a show. Sex with Pitch was bad enough, it was worse when he was angry.

Pitch finally released his grip and I gasped for breath, feeling a dull throb where his fingers had been. There would definitely be a bruise there later.

Pitch guided us to the bedroom and fell onto the sheets, removing clothing as he did so. We were lost in a tangle of limbs and pleasure, Pitch's moans echoing loudly in the room.

The noises began to sound muffled and distant until I heard a familiar voice calling my name. When I opened my eyes, I was face to face with a little girl with short brown hair. Her big brown eyes were full of kindness and it put my heart at ease.

She smiled at me, and though she didn't say any words, I knew she was telling me that everything would be alright. I looked around and saw the snow laden hills and I smiled too. It was so peaceful here.

This place was always here when I needed it, and I had escaped here many times before. The cold wind blew, rustling her hair and mine. She reached one of her tiny hands out towards me and I found myself reaching to her as well.

I felt a deep connection to her that I had never felt with anyone else. It was like my heart expanded in her presence. It was painful and strange, but it made me feel safe.

In an instant, the serene image was replaced with Pitch, sticky and panting, as he fell onto the bed next to me. The feeling in my heart was quickly replaced with an aching emptiness.

"Oh, I love you darling. How did I come to deserve someone like you?" Pitch mumbled from beside me.

The low tone sent me over the edge and I had the sudden, desperate urge to leave. I felt like I needed to escape, but I didn't know why. Pitch was the best part of my life. I was nothing without him. No one except Pitch can see me, so I shouldn't feel this way.

I laid there until I heard Pitch's breathing level out before climbing out of bed. I threw on a hoodie and some pants and ran outside, asking the wind to take me anywhere but here.

I'm playing with perspectives and I think I like first person more. I may go back and rewrite the first chapter as well.

Also, there won't be any defined chapter length. I'm just gonna end the chapter when it feels like it should end.

Thanks to anyone who's reading, I hope you enjoy!