0 - extended

❝ i know that i'm a fighteryeah, i've always been a fighter ❞

yeah, i've always been a fighter ❞

briar lovelace used to be everything. she used to be a centurion of the twelfth legion, nearly a praetor at one point. she has a brain inside her head, which is a lot more than most people can say. she's absolutely gorgeous, because she's a daughter of venus, so her beauty triumphs most people's. she's ambitious, and one time she'd wanted the entire world to be hers.

yet her everything became reyna. reyna ramirez-arellano was briar's vice since she came to camp when she was twelve. briar's shit-eating grin whenever she saw reyna was clearly obvious to everyone. they were everything, too — they fit each other so well that they could've been soulmates. when she was with reyna, she felt like she could be anything.

then briar turned into nothing when she disappeared with her best friend jason grace, leaving her everything to worry about her and get kidnapped because of her.

❝ but i tried to play with fire
and i got burned ❞

nicola peltz

nicola peltz . . . briar lovelace !
❛ only an abomination would wear purple and red together. do you see them? ❜

tashi rodriguez . . . reyna ramirez-arellano !
❛ i could kill you, but i don't want the blood on my hands. that's why i have my dogs. ❜

♡♡♡

rudy pankow . . . jason grace
iñaki godoy . . . leo valdez
kathryn newton . . . annabeth chase
dylan o'brien . . . percy jackson
riele downs . . . hazel levesque
gong jun . . . frank zhang
finn wolfhard . . . nico di angelo
devery jacobs . . . piper mclean

❝ don't know how to help this
yeah, i'm feelin kinda helpless ❞

safe — daya.
love story — taylor swift.
eyes off you — prettymuch.
capital letters — hailee steinfeld.
sofia — clairo.
dream of you — camila cabello.
imagine — ariana grande.
chaotic — tate mcrae.
dear society — madison beer.
in my bed — sabrina carpenter.

❝ yeah, maybe it's too selfish if i don't wanna hurt ❞

in which i decide to completely replace piper with someone different and then replace reyna with piper. whoopsies. but i don't regret this at all and you'll see why in the prelude. i feel like my reyna books are like feel good stories because i love reyna with all my heart and she deserves good things. that's why i gave her briar, who is my everything. literally. i was supposed to publish something different but i'm publishing this because i'm in a writing slump and this book gets me out of it.

inspirations !! this is based off of the song safe by daya. this uses lines from romeo and juliet from shakespeare. i don't own the pjo / hoo peoples and series. i own briar.

triggers . this entire fic will be untagged. mentions your average pjo/hoo violence like blood, violence, stabbing, whatever. mentions panic attacks.

❝ there's not much comfort in this place
ah - ah - ah. ah, i'll keep you safe ❞