❀ One ❀

❀ Third Person POV ❀

"Robyn, we're gonna be late! Don't you want to finally get your mentor!?" A voice blurted.

"I'm coming, Aries! For Christ's sake, you're so impatient!" Another voice retorted.

"I wouldn't be so impatient if you weren't so slow!" The voice snapped back.

"You're literally faster than me!" The second voice said while struggling to keep up with the other female, but eventually caught up.

Both of them panted heavily as their parents and the rest of the kingdom awaited them at the palace emtrance.

"Oh my word, Aries, you're covered in twigs!" A voice from in the crowd announced, rushing to their child's side and beginning to aggressively groom her fur.

That was Aries' mother, Kleo. A gorgeous, and lithe red husky.

And her father in the background, Galileo.

A light blue brute with a tail somewhat like Aries', but wider, and white striped running down his flanks.

"Mum!" Aries said, extending the last half of the word in a dramatic manner.

Her mother ignored her and continued to vigorously groom her, while Robyn's father, Slate, did the same. Except, she enjoyed it.

They squirmed around, struggling for breath by the ticklish motion.

But alas, they had to stop at some point to let the ceremony begin and the girls were relieved.

The queen yipped loudly, signaling the citizens to enter the palace.

The crowed was loud as ever, talking curiously about which tiers would be gaining new members as they merged into the palace.

Aries and Robyn followed after with their parents.

When they entered, they were bewildered at the beautiful sighed before them.

Chandeliers and lanterns were everywhere.

Mosaics and windows lit the room, each glass puzzle showed the goddesses of our universe.

And yep, you guessed it. The tiers were named after them.

Zora, the queen, who was standing atop her throne parted her muzzle to speak, and the crowd went dead silent.

Aries and Robyn's interim yellow eyes glittered as the first words escaped her mouth.

"Aries, of the Obea Kleo, and Robyn, of the Warrior Slate."

"Our kingdom gathers during this summer day to hold the ritual of the tiers. As legend says, each year when new pups are born, they will gain their eye colour at the age of six months. Today, that ritual will be held forth for these two beautiful pups."

The girls' tails quivered with excitement as Zora continued to speak.

"Aries and Robyn, please come forth." The queen gushed, sweeping her unusually long blue tail against the arm of the golden-painted throne, her pendant glowing brightly in the dimmed light.