Chapter 3

------- WARNING -------

The following chapter touches on the theme of rape. If anyone is uncomfortable with that, then miss out the flashback section. Any and all negative comments will be ignored and/or reported. Thank you all - enjoy Chapter 3!!

--------------------------

Cole

The bell rang loudly as I walked out of the changing rooms, my hair still damp from the quick shower I had taken to try and loosen up my now sore muscles. I hadn’t realized before how much physical effort training with my wolf would be. Granted, we had been doing some high-intensity training, but I was no longer scoffing at the extra gym time Beta Rick had suggested. As I approached my locker, I inhaled the sweet, enticing scent of my mate, and suddenly realized that there was an undercurrent of both fear and anger. I picked up my pace, ready for anything when I rounded the corner to find Sophia with her back against the lockers and her hands against some guy’s chest. From what I could sense of her feelings, the guy was trying to force himself on her, and it looked like she was trying to push him away. At least she’s not with him, Dominic growled. But let’s go kick his ass anyway.

I walked briskly up to him and caught the tail end of what he was saying, “…back to my place and get to know each other better?”

Even more anger was building up inside me and as I saw the look of disgust and anger on Sophia’s face, my vision narrowed and I completely saw red. Reaching out to grab a fistful of the guy’s shirt, I pulled him off of her and flung him halfway down the corridor before taking up a protective stance in front of Sophia. “What the hell man?!” he yelled, and as he lifted his face I saw that he was one of the Omegas in my Pack. Bryce, I think his name was. He was definitely in for it when my dad heard about this. “Stay away from my ma – friend, Bryce!” I told him, biting back the urge to growl as I remembered where we were. There were humans everywhere and we were beginning to draw a crowd.

I quickly reached out with the mind-link as we stared at each other across the hall. ‘If I ever find you near my mate again, I will personally ensure that you will regret ever laying eyes on her. Got it, Adams?!’  I told him, watching as his face visibly paled.

‘Shit, man I’m sorry. I didn’t know she was your mate. I would never – '
‘Just leave,’ I told him, letting a little pre-Alpha tone slip in. I didn’t yet have my full Alpha voice, and wouldn’t until Dad stepped down, but I could still add a little power to my words. I watched as he turned and walked quickly away. “Alright, people, nothing to see here,” I told the humans who were standing gawking, probably disappointed that there hadn’t been a fight.

I turned back to Sophia, who was still standing against the lockers, slightly pale and almost shaking. It hurt to think that I could have been here earlier. I know how she hates to be center of attention and even more so if it’s male attention. Especially after last time… “Hey, Soph? You okay?” I asked, tentatively reaching out to touch her arm. She flinched back, which hurt, but then focused on me and visibly relaxed. “Oh, Cole, thank you! I – uh – I don’t know what happened; he just appeared as I was closing my locker and, and – ugh, I don’t even want to think about it!” She looked like she was about to cry, so I gathered her in my arms and just held her, hoping it would calm both her and Dominic down. “It’s okay now. I’m here,” I said, gently stroking her silky hair as she nestled further into my arms.

-----------------------

Sophia

Callie and I had just finished getting changed after gym when Callie’s phone started ringing. “Yeah? Oh, hey….. Oh! Okay, sure I’ll be right over. See ya in ten,” she finished up just as we got to our lockers.