Chapter 2 (Jealousy)

Sameer stood outside the restroom with a troubled expression on his face and was constantly praying to God for Naina. However, his friend Rahul happened to notice him.

"Hey Sameer, tu yaha kya kar raha hai? Kher chod yeh sab baaten aur...ha, tujhe principale mam dhoond rahi hai, Keh rahi thi ki tumhaara admission se related ek important form missing hai toh tum jaa kar ek bar phir se fill kar do" He was instructed by Rahul.

"Rahul, mam ko boldo main bad mein fill kardunga jo bhi form fill karna hai." Sameer was adamant about staying with his Naina, therefore he flatly refused him.

"nahi Sameer, mam ne kaha hai ki bohot important hai toh tumhe abhi hi fill karana padega, pls" Because Rahul was furious, he asked him again.

Sameer was helpless at the time, so he had no choice but to go to the Principal's office.

Naina was crying uncontrollably in the restroom, but she tried to stop herself when she saw the time on her watch: only 30 minutes until the first lecture. She walked over to the mirror on the wall after opening the door. She saw her reflection in it and remembered that this drama all started with a bet, so how can she think Sameer loves her... It was, and it's nothing more than a bet. She also remembered her first heartbreak in Mt. Abu.

So she made a promise to herself at the end:
"Naina tujhe sachme laga ki koi tujhse pyaar karega? Tujhe pata hai?! Tai ji na hamesha sahi kehti hai ki main unlucky hoon aur humesha rahungi aur meri kismat mein pyaar likha hi nahi hai, toh tune kese soch liya ki itna popular, ameer aur Salman khan se bhi accha dikhne wala Sameer Maheshwari tujh jaisi mamuli si ladki se pyaar karega? Are Sameer ko toh ek sundar, ameer, smart, popular ladki deserve karti hai... bilkul Sunaina jaisi. Lekin phir usne mera hi dil kyun toda woh bhi do baar?" after saying the last line she cried even harder.

"Par is baar bohot hogaya, tu pichli baar ki tarah tut nhi sakti. Tu unke liye kush nhi ho sakti kya jo tujhe itna pyaar karte hai?
Par abse bas... na hi tu kabhi Sameer aur Sunaina ke bich ayegi na hi Sameer se jyada baat karegi. Tu jitna usse dur rahegi na utna kush woh rahega. Aur abse main bilkul waise rahungi jaise Sameer ke ane se pehle rehti thi."

She barely rubbed the wetness in her eyes with the back of her hands after making her decision. She then washed her face before applying moisturiser, maskara, and lip gloss.

She walked out the door, her gaze fixed on the ground, on her way to her first lecture.
No one was in the corridor; perhaps they were all preparing their books in class.

As she walked, she began to check her books in the bag. BUT THEN... BOOM! She came into contact with a tougher and larger body than hers; it was none other than Kartik (the most handsome boy in the college after Sameer). They both fell to the floor because they couldn't keep their balance. Kartik fell on Niana's frail body against the floor. Fear caused her to close her eyes. First Kartik was irritated when he bumped into Naina, but when he saw her face up close for the first time, he felt butterflies in his stomach. Her lovely features compelled him to remain in that position indefinitely. With the power with which she closed her eyes, her lips had curled into a pout, and on top of that, Kartik had a sudden urge to taste her lips and lip gloss too.

Naina cautiously opened her eyes after feeling safe and noticed a set of dark blue eyes starring into hers; she felt uneasy seeing Kartik on her side as Kartik was lost in her brownies. Kartik was holding her by the arms as she tried to move.

Due to her discomfort, she called him "Kartik" in hushed tones.

"Yes," Kartik was feeling heaven after hearing his name from Naina and then replied normally, but with a new shade of darkness in his eyes.

"Kartik, woh mujhe class mein jana hai lecture attend karne ke liye," Naina replied awkwardly again.

He murmured it in hushed tones near her ears, "Toh jayo na."

"Toh mere upar se hatoge tabhi toh jaungi na," she added, furious this time.

Kartik, on the other hand, emerged from his la la la zone and stood up half-heartedly. He then extended his hand to assist her, but she disregarded it. She dusted her hands and began placing her books back in the bag that had fallen to the floor when they had fallen. Kartik was still standing there, seeing the fresh shift in her today as she stood up and checked her books. Her hair, lip gloss, and, most importantly, her clothing. It hugs all of her curves. She turned around after inspecting the books and noticed Kartik drooling over her. She was feeling uneasy again, so she pretended to cough, and Kartik reappeared in the real world.

He was feeling a little self-conscious because she had caught him red-handed, so he began the conversation:
"Naina, I'm sorry, actually main kuch soch raha tha aur pata hi nhi laga ki main kab tumse takra gaya. Please accept my sincere apologies." Kartik apologized and looked her in the eyes with his wonderful gaze.

Naina was taken aback at first because Kartik's gang is a rival of theirs, particularly Sameer's. And it's the first time he's ever expressed regret.

"Kartik, koi baat nhi. Main bhi apni books check karte karte chal rahi thi aur galti se takra gyi" She responded him quietly and gave him a small grin.

"Toh tum naraz nhi ho?" he inquired, his eyes bright with anticipation.

"Nhi," she said with a nod of her head.

"Toh... Friends?" he inquired, extending his right hand to her.

She, too, had no choice but to put her hand in his and say "friends."
They then proceeded to the classroom as a group.

However, someone else was present during the entire sequence. It was none other than our Sameer, who was visibly enraged and envious. To keep himself from killing Kartik, he clenched his teeth and rubbed his thumb against his palm. When he saw Naina shaking hands with his adversary and walking into the classroom, his eyes widened.
He began striking the wall, imagining it to be Kartik.

______________________________

So guys here is the second part. Enjoy it and tell me in the comments if you guys like this story or not.
If you liked it then Pls vote and comment.

Sorry for the mistakes and thanks for reading.
❤️❤️❤️