Finding out about you❤️

On September 25th/ 2021, is where our story begins. I had just started working full time as a nurse a week prior, when my period was late. I took a pregnancy test at work and found out about you.

This is where our story begins. That night I told your father about you. We decided that this pregnancy would be ours for a little bit. While we were excited about you, we wanted to celebrate in private. We were both happy and nervous for the future. Having two children seemed daunting however worthwhile.

Around the last week of October is when we started telling our friends and family about you. We were about 10 weeks pregnant, had our first appointment with the midwives (same midwife as we had with our first baby.). Everyone was excited to hear about the news.

Being pregnant with you was something special. Like all pregnancies, I had my side effects and cravings. I was very nauseas the first trimester. I craved spicy food and mustard. I was very irritable this pregnancy and tired. I didn't know if these symptoms were due to being pregnant, or simply being pregnant while also being a mom full time. It's hard to tell the difference, because with my first baby I could sleep and do whatever I want. Being a momma the second time around was tiring.

Fast forward, there wasn't anything significant in the months prior to our 20 week ultrasound. Being pregnant was hard, I felt you moving earlier than my last pregnancy and started showing quicker. I carried more in the top. Otherwise I just spent day after day being healthy, taking my vitamins and dreaming of you.

On January 10th 2022 I went for my anatomy scan. They don't show you much and only really tell you need to know. We found out that the gender was a girl that day, although that changed quickly.  Little did we know on January 12 we would get a phone that would change our future.